General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Drivers side window is not secure. Don't know whats up.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drivers side window is not secure. Don't know whats up.

Okay guys, so my G was perfecty fine, and then my door lock actuator failed. I wanted to see just how bad it would be to replace it, so I pulled the door panel, and then pulled the metal plate behind the door panel so that I could look in and see the actuator. I then put this plate on, making sure to secure the window motor assembly back to this plate. However, when I closed my door I noticed that my window wasn't aligning right. I then also noticed that when I grabbed the window more towards the front of the car, I could pull it up or down about an inch, but no more.
I double checked to make sure it wasn't the bolts loose, nothing there. So I have no idea what it could it be. I'm praying I didn't some how damage the power window assembly. Any ideas?

Old 07-27-2015, 09:19 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I had to work on my windows in the past. It is a two man job, out should I say, it is much easier with two people. The window is adjustable! Which I didn't take into consideration from the get go. Thus it took me several times of taking the door apart and adjusting bolts to make the window align to part. I wish I could help out more, but it has been awhile since I messed with my windows.