General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Too many code errors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 11:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Too many code errors

Recently took my car to get an oil change at the dealer, within less then an mile my engine light came on. So I took it back and they had the car for another 30 min or so and really didn't know what was going on. They said they unplug negative cable to battery cleaned it and all lights went off. they gave me a sheet of all the error codes that were getting errors, but said it was ok. After I left the 2nd time the engine light came back on and hasn't gone away. Whats really weird was the car would feel like it was stuck in 3rd or 4th gear and if I switched it to manual mode it wouldn't work. I have a 2006 g35 sedan.

Name:  img001%202_zpsw8l44qfp.jpg
Views: 16441
Size:  149.4 KB

Old 08-10-2015, 12:49 PM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
Could be the valve body in the transmission and your BCM. 1757 is a solenoid in the transmission valve body and those are about 1K. You can buy a used transmission and swap the bodies between them. The 1815 is the manual mode switch, I had that code once though and nothing was wrong with my car.

The other codes are about the BCM do the following things all work:

SYSTEMS CONTROLLED BY BCM DIRECTLY
Power door lock system.
Remote keyless entry system.
Power window system. NOTE
Front power seat system. NOTE
Sunroof system. NOTE
Room lamp timer system. Refer to "INTERIOR ROOM LAMP"
NOTE: Power supply only. No system control.

SYSTEMS CONTROLLED BY BCM AND IPDM E/R
Panic alarm system. Refer to "REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM"
Theft warning system. Refer to "VEHICLE SECURITY (THEFT WARNING) SYSTEM"
IVIS (NATS) system.
Headlamp system. Refer to "HEADLAMP - XENON TYPE -"
Daytime light system.
Auto light system.
Parking, license plate, side marker and tail lamps
Battery saver control
Front fog lamp system.
Front wiper system.
Rear window defogger system.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:40 PM
3k+

So all systems and electronics still work, but I was quoted for a local repair shop for a refurbished tranny with 3yr warranty over 3k. Also thanks for your help. Is this something I could with right tools? If I wanted to just buy part. Or better off buying used tranny and swapping? I'll prob. Sell it and stick to my daily beater.

Old 08-11-2015, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by Ednica87
So all systems and electronics still work, but I was quoted for a local repair shop for a refurbished tranny with 3yr warranty over 3k. Also thanks for your help. Is this something I could with right tools? If I wanted to just buy part. Or better off buying used tranny and swapping? I'll prob. Sell it and stick to my daily beater.
Well, I don't think you can buy just a valve body. I mean you might be able to find one, but a brand new one is 1K alone. If you bought a used transmission you can just swap the valve bodies and then you'd have an extra transmission in case your current on goes. All you need to do is unscrew the transmission pan and the valve body is right there. If you look into the DIY Transgo Install it shows you the steps you'd need to remove the valve body. You can probably do it on jacks stands in your driveway or garage.

Do you have TPMS monitors in your wheels also? The C1704-C1711 are all TPMS related and you can ignore those.

The 1729 might be a speed sensor in/on the transmission, so if your valve body is shot this could be a result from that. Same goes for the 1815 code you are getting.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:24 PM
Oh yea, I forgot you check the transmission fluid before going further. In the rear of the engine by the passenger window you'll see a tube sticking up with black top. It's held on by a 10MM bolt. That should have a really long dipstick in it and you want to look at the fluid and smell it. It should be redish in color, not gritty, and smell kind of sweetish not burnt.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by coffeysm
Oh yea, I forgot you check the transmission fluid before going further. In the rear of the engine by the passenger window you'll see a tube sticking up with black top. It's held on by a 10MM bolt. That should have a really long dipstick in it and you want to look at the fluid and smell it. It should be redish in color, not gritty, and smell kind of sweetish not burnt.
That's what I'm thinking of doing, finding a used tranny on ebay or something and swapping it out. I found a video of the same problem but the tranny was torn apart and the thin medal circuit wire that sends the signal to the control unit had broke and all they did was solder it back together, but I dont think thats something I can do. tell me what you think? Would a tranny shop go thru the trouble and try and fix this? I dk what type of toolhes using to check while they're on the road.

Thanks again!!!

the video is called " RE5R05A Transmission - P1757 Front Brake Band Solenoid Circuit "

Old 08-11-2015, 11:51 PM
I'll re-check tranny fluid but I just had them flush it not too long ago.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:55 AM
Well, that's pretty much the same transmission that's in your car. You don't need to drop the tranny to take the valve body out. You unscrew the plug, drain the fluid, and unscrew the 10MM pan bolts. Valve body is right there in front of you.

If you want you can try doing that I guess. I mean I'm not a great solderer, but if I can fix something like that for a dollar worth of solder and some replacement fluid I would. If you break it more then I would just buy a used tranny and swap valve bodies.

I don't know if a shop would do that, I mean they obviously want to make 3K. But, maybe you can pay them labor rate to do it? I'd take the valve body out myself and check those connections and if they're broken. I'd find someone that specializes in soldering or electronics and pay them to fix it. Then install it myself and see how it works.

He's probably using a Snap-On tool or something like. They're pretty expensive, but for DIY I'd buy a bluetooth/wireless OBD scanner and torque for my phone.

Where did you get the fluid flushed? Please say not a chain shop or that they used one of those machines....

Old 08-12-2015, 01:11 AM
Fluids

When I got the car the tpms sensors were not in the wheels and I forget to buy some when I replaced wheels and tires. Infiniti did my tranny flush at 80k. Car has 105k now. Yea I'll have to make a weekend out of it and read up on some materials.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:46 AM
Shop

Hey I'm still not havin any luck with the car. I took the car to a shop and they said the valve body is bad and I'll also need a tcm. I found a new valve body on ebay, but they have two dif one for the car? Also will need a new tcm but infinti dealer couldn't find that part so they assume it's with valve body but that's 1500. Do you know exact specs on valve body and also a website I can find the tcm? I've looked but no luck.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:49 PM
I think in the 04+ it's integrated with the valvebody.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:18 PM
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
im confused here. your car had 0 codes before you took it in? nothing on the dash at all?
and less than a mile down the road these all pop up?
that sounds super suspect...

a few codes coming on at once isnt common but its happens. but 13?
i hope this valve body fixes your issue but i dont think thats it. has to be something else.
the bcm does control all body functions. but the bcm, tcm, valve body, ecm, ect all speak to each other via CANCOMM.

but if all of these codes have been coming up for a while now and you have been ignoring them then i would just fix whats broken. but im a huge researcher, so if im going to spend 3k+. you are damn skippy i know 100% thats my issue.

Old 09-05-2015, 02:53 AM
I think in the 04+ it's integrated with the valvebody.
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of.

Old 09-05-2015, 02:59 AM
Originally Posted by andrewvk
im confused here. your car had 0 codes before you took it in? nothing on the dash at all?
and less than a mile down the road these all pop up?
that sounds super suspect...

a few codes coming on at once isnt common but its happens. but 13?
i hope this valve body fixes your issue but i dont think thats it. has to be something else.
the bcm does control all body functions. but the bcm, tcm, valve body, ecm, ect all speak to each other via CANCOMM.

but if all of these codes have been coming up for a while now and you have been ignoring them then i would just fix whats broken. but im a huge researcher, so if im going to spend 3k+. you are damn skippy i know 100% thats my issue.
Yea I hear ya, some of the codes are for my tpms sensor in my rims, but yea I told them that I've never had these issues come up. They said they would help me out with some of the cost, I'm just debating if I should get dealer part or find very low mileage tranny in salvage yard.
If I bought valve body from dealer it's 1500 plus to put it in which is about 175 from tranny shop plus dealer has to re program tranny for about 180. Or I can find low mileage tranny >40k shipped for about 1k. Literally only 2 options I have.