General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

08 g35 a/c cooling fans not comming on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 08:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 g35 a/c cooling fans not comming on

My neighbor has an 08 g35xS 165k miles. When A/C button is pressed, the engine cooling fans come on intermittently and a/c blows cold. Other times the fans do not turn on and the a/c blows warm. The unit has a full charge and all three fans work when tested. When the car senses a hot temp condition the fans run like normal to cool the engine down. When the fans do turn on the a/c is not engaged. A/C fan switch lights up even if the engine fans do not turn on. I am assuming that there is a separate relay to turn on the fans when the A/C button is pressed.
Also car occasionally stalls for no reason. No codes are present and when I hook up my OTC scanner everything appears normal. Is there a IAC on these cars? Common vacuum leak?

Old 07-22-2016, 09:53 AM
There appears to be a another fuse panel behind a cover by the battery according to research. It also appears that there is indeed an a/c relay in this location. If anyone confirm this let me know. I viewed the owners manual online, and Nissan appears very vague about fuse block locations and the diagrams associated with them. What's up with that?

Old 07-22-2016, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by incautious
My neighbor has an 08 g35xS 165k miles. When A/C button is pressed, the engine cooling fans come on intermittently and a/c blows cold. Other times the fans do not turn on and the a/c blows warm. The unit has a full charge and all three fans work when tested. When the car senses a hot temp condition the fans run like normal to cool the engine down. When the fans do turn on the a/c is not engaged. A/C fan switch lights up even if the engine fans do not turn on. I am assuming that there is a separate relay to turn on the fans when the A/C button is pressed.
Also car occasionally stalls for no reason. No codes are present and when I hook up my OTC scanner everything appears normal. Is there a IAC on these cars? Common vacuum leak?
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2008/CO.pdf

See page CO-17

Cooling fans are controlled by cooling fan control module. For details, refer to
EC-22, "
Component Parts Loca-
tion
"
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2008/EC.pdf

Telcoman

Old 07-25-2016, 07:24 AM
Unhappy

Hey thanks Telcoman. Looks like Infinity took something simple and made it complex.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:21 AM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
I had a similar problem about a month ago.. In my case the car was funning hot, due to the fans not turning on.. There is a fuse under the hood by the battery. There is a A/C fuse in there and a fan fuse.

To me based on what you said that it works "sometime" it seems like "contact" issues.. Something is not making a consistent contact.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:32 AM
I think I found a possible cause as I've had more time to spend on this car. When cold start everything works well. When a hot start up the a/c does not come on and there is a rough idle and stumble. Eventually everything smooths out and the a/c will come on. This car has an K&N typhoon cold air set set up. When I hook up my nemisys scanner everything looks good except the IAT which reads 120F. Now because the IAT is build into the MAF and the Typhoon tubes are aluminum, I'm getting heat soak on the IAT. So instead of a cold air intake you wind up with a hot air intake. I didn't check fuel trim but since the IAT is way off this will effect short fuel trim and hence Idle quality. Because the ECU regulates the A/C it will delay A/C engagement until things smooth out. ALL in the name of fuel economy and emissions. My neighbor thinks her son kept the stock intake set up so I'm going to switch this back out and see what happens. I Used to be a WD( warehouse distributor) and handled K&N products so I know of issues with these things. I check the maf's and they actually looked pretty good. SO I guess my question is has anyone else used this set up and had issues.