Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

HKS Sport Muffler sounds clips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
HKS Sport Muffler sounds clips

For those who want to hear some more sounds clips, I took some the other day, as I told RXM I'd get them to him. I've already convinced him with them and he may be making a purchase soon. Keep in mind I also have a K&N filter, z-tube, MD spacer, y-pipe & coupe midpipe paired up with this exhaust....so engine/exhaust notes/sound results may vary slightly if you don't have them. Enjoy!

PS - sorry I didn't label what each one is (kind of a PITA), but I commented in each video what I'm doing (windows up/down, manumatic vs. auto, etc.).

Old 10-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
So how can someone really tell what is sounds like with all your additions? Doesn't really do any justice, but thanks for the initative.

Old 10-20-2006, 01:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yo jimmy, can u post a few from the outside, i got an idea about driving and no drone from the inside clips, if we can get some from the outside, reving, take off, u know, that stuff, plz Besides that, sounds awsome, nice vids

Old 10-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can you say that is freaking sweet?? lol

Old 10-20-2006, 01:44 PM
jimmyc13 these are awesome, coupla question on the one where you're driving next to a cop.

1 - was the engine fairly hot/warm?
2 - is the drone there when the windows are up?

Old 10-20-2006, 02:46 PM
i can tell you this, i have it by itself (The HKS) no intake no plenum no nada, and all I can tell you is that it DEFINATELY Sounds sweet, no drone, no rasp, to me, BY FAR this is the BEST muffler for this car, I wont even consider another, all I can tell you is that you are gonna be VERY happy if you go ahead and get it for ur sedan

Old 10-20-2006, 03:11 PM
there were clips posted a while ago w/ considerable mods, and it just sounded alot worse. i don't have considerable mods, similar to jimmyc13 in fact. and my concern is the midpipe drone. if it reduces/allevites it then great. but i sure as hell don't want it to be worse.

Old 10-20-2006, 03:12 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I just bought one two weeks ago, but I can't enjoy it as yet as I am not going to be back in the US until Nov 30. Rest assured it will be installed on Dec 1st. Hope it sounds as good as the claims I've heard so far. I haven't heard it as yet as a stand alone option so I'm just taking everyones word for it. Got to love the forum.

Old 10-21-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by andycon
FWIW, I also did some sound clips with the HKS rear muffler (plus some other mods).
https://g35driver.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=26
yeap, those were it. andycon any insight regarding my post above?

Old 10-21-2006, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by mrgags
yo jimmy, can u post a few from the outside, i got an idea about driving and no drone from the inside clips, if we can get some from the outside, reving, take off, u know, that stuff, plz Besides that, sounds awsome, nice vids
Yeah, I can get those together for you. I was in a rush & did these real quick & knew getting those others you asked for would be key. It may take me some time to do that though...I'll need to find a good spot to do the take off w/ my camera and all. I'll get them for you when I can.

Old 10-21-2006, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by tkman00
jimmyc13 these are awesome, coupla question on the one where you're driving next to a cop.

1 - was the engine fairly hot/warm?
2 - is the drone there when the windows are up?

1 - Yes, the engine was warm...I never drive my car until my temp gauge reads warm. I had driven about 2 miles or so and then shot those clips.

2 - When the windows are up, the exhaust sound is muffled quite a bit...and you don't hear the high pitches of the note....so you'll only hear the low's. If you have an OEM midpipe, then you won't have any drone at all. The only times when I really have drone (and this has NOTHING to do w/ the HKS...it's all due to the Coupe middy), is when you're driving under load and have it it auto mode and the RPMS's are low.

Does that help?

Old 10-21-2006, 10:50 AM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He made a believer out of me! Now I just have to find that additional hanger so I can mount this on my 05x

Old 10-22-2006, 01:43 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Jimmy, your exhaust sounds just about dead on to my setup. (HKS, middy, crawford cats). I love it.

I know exactly what you are talking about when you get on it under an overpass....I do that every day under a specific overpass I go under on the way home from work

Thanks for sharing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HKS Sport Muffler sounds clips