Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Injen Intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 02:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Injen Intake

cool.. ill wait then i guess..

..pestilence..

Old 02-23-2003, 03:44 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Randy,, Do you know if there's any changes to electronics with new CAI's? It's seems from the pics I've seen, that it involves changing the air flow sensor (wiring/location) to accomodate the new CAI.
When K&N hooked up the tester on yours, was there any change there?
Any news about the availability of the K&N CAI for the Sedan and Coupe yet? I would hazzard a guess that you must have stayed in touch with them.......................[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
It's release must be close??????????

<font color=red>Gsedanman</font color=red>

Old 02-23-2003, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that you are referring to the "Magnuson Moss Act".

This "Act" definitely outlines warranties and what a warrantor may or may not claim "voids" a warranty.

In terms of vehicle warranties, it prevents a dealer from "voiding" your warranty if you put mods on your own car. That is as long as your mods do not affect the proper functioning of your car. I.E. The emissions control systems can not be compromised. This does not mean that you can't change the intake, the engine cams, the throttle body, the spark distribution system, the manifold, the headers, the exhaust, the wheels, etc... and even the ECU.

I.E. Don't touch/remove your cats. Don't change any part of the ECU programming which directly affects its emissions control functionality. Don't disable the O2 sensors. Don't disable the AIR pump. Don't disable the EGR.

One exception to the cats. Before 50k miles, if you damage your cats and exhaust such that they can't be replaced with OE style cats, then you can use a different style cat. After 50k miles, you can replace (but not remove or drill out) your cats. Folks usually do this by replacing OE cats with short high flow cats. This increases the exhaust flow rate and allows more room to install equal, full length headers (stay away from shorty headers they are a waste of money).

Think about it. If a manufacturer says that you can only use his parts otherwise you void your warranty, you would be SOL and there would not be an automotive aftermarket industry. This is explicitly termed the '"Tie-In Sales" Provisions'. These provisions prevent the manufacturer from saying that you can use only their parts.

Screamin' Daemon - L5AT

Old 02-23-2003, 06:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, a manufacturer can require you to use OEM parts.. but only if they make those parts available to the customer for free.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 02-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, I read that somewhere as well. It's the same reason that they can't void your warranty when you use an after-market oil filter. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they supplied free things like oil and air filters, etc. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>