Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Rev-Up airbox on a VQ35DE - special note

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
I believe Q45Tech did a flow bench test on the OEM airbox and found out it could deliver way more air than the VQ35DE could hope to swallow.
Again - in an otherwise OEM engine, OEM air box is sufficient... I never made the blanket statement that Stillen works for everyone - I simply stated that it makes a very definitive difference on my car.

The problem is - there have been completely inaccurate blanket statements made in this thread implying a one way is best factor. I've been making valid reasons over and over why that simply isn’t the case.

You guys can run OEM parts all day long... OEM air box, OEM headers of a different version, Y-pipe of another version... no problem... just don’t make blanket statements that what you run is the say all end all and make false claims about other parts (as Buckeye did).

My contention has been that if you take the time, effort and money to do what I (and others) have done - it would take a complete idiot to run an air box that would detriment. If I wasn’t 100% certain that my car benefits from the set up I use vs OEM I wouldn’t run it. Hell, I spent $80 on the rev-up back half - I would love to put that to use... but not at the expense of less performance.

So again - what is working on my car (that hasn’t been beat at the track and has dyno'd higher at any recent dyno day) may not work for every car... and what is working on less modified cars don’t necessarily work on other configurations. Anyone that can’t agree to that is myopic and doesn’t really care about contributing quality information to fellow enthusiasts.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
the conversation/posts were years ago... before most of the mods you are addressing.
So if Dave took you up on your offer TODAY, how would you set this up to make it relative to the conversations/posts "years ago"? Since you put up the bet yesterday, we all assume you have this worked out yes?

Old 08-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
So if Dave took you up on your offer TODAY, how would you set this up to make it relative to the conversations/posts "years ago"? Since you put up the bet yesterday, we all assume you have this worked out yes?
As usual you are lost within the thread… the bet I proposed was for me to dyno on a dyno jet with video and witness’’ to prove he’s clueless about the number my car puts down… he states 255ish and I’m telling him 275+… further, he stated that I have no idea what my car does on dyno jet because again he is clueless, my car has been on 2 different dyno jets.

If you want to chime in Jeff at least have the facts straight.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:23 PM
for the slow learners... here's the post about have Dave put up or shut up:

^^^ as usual DaveB you are completely wrong again.

What makes you think I don’t know what my car dynos on a dyno jet?... Are you saying the dyno jet graphs from the 2 times I've had my car on them are inaccurate? I’ve been on four different dynos, 2 dynapacks and 2 dyno jets (a total of about 60 pulls)… you’re the only one that talks about performance and gains that has never been on a dyno.

What makes you think my car isn’t capable of Derek’s car? Are you saying that when he drove it and admitted it was and when we raced that we were both too stupid to understand the outcome?

Dave - you are oblivious to real world issues... you blah blah blah your way through the internet and haven’t got a clue about what I do/have done in real life.

When you are ready to start putting up money (instead of yapping about how I'm not truthful) let me know... I'll post my dyno jet dynos and make sure Derek posts to you directly... You already declined my offer for me yto drive to you several years ago to race - I suspect you wont take this offer either… in the mean time, stop your yapping because you completely clueless.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Red Card Crew

My specific question

Was that the race inbetween you and Dave? Even though Dave never said he was faster?
You're reply devoid of correction or clarification. Thus indicating my assumption was correct

He is (and was) supposedly an experienced and seasoned drag racer… and had indicated that several of the mods I was using don’t do anything (kinda like he still does these days)… certainly if the mods I used didnt do anything he would walk all over me (since back then I hadn’t raced that much) – if mods don’t do anything, certainly an experienced drag racer would win… I wanted to prove that the mods work and would walk all over his car.

As usual he talks, talks, talks (or types)… but that’s about it.

Why do you guys insist on keeping the thread OT - even though you know nothing you will type is going to change anything?
And finally, when put into a corner, the backpedalling begins.

As usual you are lost within the thread… the bet I proposed was for me to dyno on a dyno jet with video and witness’’ to prove he’s clueless about the number my car puts down… he states 255ish and I’m telling him 275+… further, he stated that I have no idea what my car does on dyno jet because again he is clueless, my car has been on 2 different dyno jets.

If you want to chime in Jeff at least have the facts straight.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:43 PM
^^^ read all the post in the order in which they were written and in the context of which they were posted and your less than capable little mind might get it...

Posting a made up implication by quoting out of context does nothing to validate your point.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Red Card Crew

Uh no. I asked you a question. You answered it in the context of a drag race. Fact.

certainly if the mods I used didnt do anything he would walk all over me (since back then I hadn’t raced that much) – if mods don’t do anything, certainly an experienced drag racer would win… I wanted to prove that the mods work and would walk all over his car.
In what context is that?

What you didn't do is clarify it as a dyno bet. Fact.

Now when questioned about how to set up a race in when you previous challenged Dave to, you backpedal. Fact.

Those replies were in the exact order in which we had our discussion. If this latest bet was different than the one I asked about, logic would say you would have corrected me at your first reply vs confirming it with a discussion about the said drag race.

If anyone is paying attention, it was YOU that put my question in context.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Let me try to simplify this for you Jeff… since you are a little slower in the understanding department.

DaveB implied that my car doesn’t put down he power I told him it does… he implied that 294 hp on Church’s dyno is equal to 255-260 on a dyno jet… he stated that I have no idea what my car does on a dyno jet.

I simply proposed a bet. I would post my previous dyno jet graphs… and get my car on a dyno jet now (with current mods) to prove how completely wrong he is.

I further stated that since he didn’t take me up on my offer years ago to race, that I doubt he would take me up on this offer.

Jeff (the confused kid in the class) with eyes crossed and smoke coming out of his ears because he can’t comprehend what just took place thinks I’m challenging Dave to a race.

Now BIG QUESTION!!!! Why in the world do you guys keep asking me questions and making statements that require clarification – when none of it pertains to the topic??? All my recent posts are replying to your OT questions and inaccurate statements.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Uh no. I asked you a question. You answered it in the context of a drag race. Fact.

In what context is that?

What you didn't do is clarify it as a dyno bet. Fact.

Now when questioned about how to set up a race in when you previous challenged Dave to, you backpedal. Fact.

Those replies were in the exact order in which we had our discussion. If this latest bet was different than the one I asked about, logic would say you would have corrected me at your first reply vs confirming it with a discussion about the said drag race.

If anyone is paying attention, it was YOU that put my question in context.
I was clarifying the race proposal years ago dimwit... even the response you quoted is in the past tense

Anyone with an ounce of clarity would understand the flow of information... are you drunk or something?

Old 08-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Red Card Crew

I was clarifying the race proposal years ago dimwit... even the response you quoted is in the past tense

Anyone with an ounce of clarity would understand the flow of information... are you drunk or something?
Yet again, you're backpedalling.

I asked you if the bet you JUST proposed was the drag race bet you previously proposed. You deny it? Nope. You clarify that it was not? Nope.

Since there were apparently TWO bets, not just one, I was asking for clarification. Which you replied in the context of a DRAG RACE. Since you replied in THAT context, that's the context I asked my questions to.

You like backpedalling in circles?

Old 08-11-2009, 02:47 PM
How is it so hard for you to comprehend? The “bet I proposed” yesterday had nothing to do with a drag race… I haven’t proposed a drag race in this thread… the only mention of a drag race was that he declined the bet “years ago” to drag race and therefore it’s doubtful he will take this “current” proposed bet regarding “dyno jet” numbers.

You asked about mods in relation the “previously” challenged drag race (years ago) - and I explained that my mods then were not al the ones you listed in you post and therefore your comment wasn’t relevant.

And all your posts since then haven’t been relevant because they aren’t even factual. You keep implying that there was a recent drag race challenge… but you are too lazy to read the actual posts I put up for you…

Re-read the last few pages Jeff… if/when you finally catch up with what has been said, and still feel like keeping the thread OT then ask away… until then you aren’t quite there mentally today and haven’t been able to comprehend simple concepts….

In reality you are the one back peddling…

Old 08-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Red Card Crew

No. You proposed a bet. Since you proposed a bet before, I asked if THIS bet was the same as the bet you just proposed:

Was that the race inbetween you and Dave? Even though Dave never said he was faster?
I had to use past tense because BOTH bets were already proposed.

I had to ask because if this bet was just as ridiculous as the other one, both are ***** pumping exercises in failure.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Jeff, I've made it abundantly clear in more than one post... if you still don’t get it there is no hope and you are wasting time.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Red Card Crew

Just like these two nimrod bets you are trying to unsuccefully bait Dave into

Old 08-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Just like these two nimrod bets you are trying to unsuccefully bait Dave into
if Dave wants to keep posting that I'm making up numbers and implying what I've said isn’t factual - he should have no problem putting his money where his mouth is (fingers are)... Certainly when I'm positive about something I don’t mind putting money on it.

The fact that he never takes the challenge speaks loud and clear that he posts nonsense.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rev-Up airbox on a VQ35DE - special note