Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Top speed headers from Concept Z Performance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 08:35 AM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
Talking Top speed headers from Concept Z Performance

I recently ordered Top Speed headers (DC sport design) from Coz at CZP and was extremely pleased with his customer service. I am aware of the issues that happened with the fuel rails but please dont bring those up in this thread as thats not what I am discussing. Coz was extremely helpful in giving me info to get it shipped out to Canada, and I received them in 2 business days. the headers were also very well wrapped and protected. Coz is always there to answer your question, he even replied to me when I sent an email at like 2 AM I would definitely order from him again, and would recommend him.

On to the headers. I am very excited to put these on. I am going to mate them with the Fast Intentions High Flow cats that are also waiting to be installed. The header outlet matches the HFC inlet PERFECTLY (both are 6.1 cm) and Tony from Fast Intentions made the HFC outlet 2.25" to match my Borla system. I am going to get the headers ceramic coated, and then the components will be installed by SG Motorsport this summer. They will also be replacing the Borla H pipe with a Magnaflow X pipe in the process. Then it will be time for an Osiris Dynotune!

Attached Thumbnails Top speed headers from Concept Z Performance-1103221755000.jpg   Top speed headers from Concept Z Performance-1103222221001.jpg   Top speed headers from Concept Z Performance-1103222223000.jpg   Top speed headers from Concept Z Performance-1103222221000.jpg   Top speed headers from Concept Z Performance-1103222223001.jpg  

Last edited by DVG; 03-23-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
they look nice. wonder how they will perform

Old 03-24-2011, 07:27 AM
DVG
I am expecting good gains. People say that headers dont give power, but I think when they are paired with the HFCs they will.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Received 136 Likes on 62 Posts
they wont, not until cams will headers really make any difference other than sound.

the top end will drag out a bit more but peak should be around the same. Revups like headers more than non-revs because they run slightly more aggressive stock cams and they have exhaust cam phasing.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:23 AM
DVG
Originally Posted by sexyrob
they wont, not until cams will headers really make any difference other than sound.

the top end will drag out a bit more but peak should be around the same. Revups like headers more than non-revs because they run slightly more aggressive stock cams and they have exhaust cam phasing.
Oh well....as soon as I finish this off Im going to start saving to pull out the engine and get it built and boosted so I guess these are just for sound for me

The main reason I decided to get them is that I was getting a tune with or without them this summer, and I didnt want to have to pay to tune it twice if I ended up buying headers down the road

From "good gains" I didnt just mean the headers specifically I imagine they would give me around 7 whp average (http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/04...ers/index.html)

I meant the addition of all of these with a tune would hopefully net me around 15-20 whp since the cats are a huge choking point.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
im sure they well net some good power after a tune

Old 03-24-2011, 12:11 PM
tune helps but really they won't make the power you think they will.

I came to this realization after doing it myself. If I didn't get the headers dirt cheap and install them myself, I would never have gone that route knowing what I know.

you will only really benefit from headers if you do full exhaust and intake mods + cams and a tune. if you don't have all that you are pretty much adding a little high end power, some more exhaust noise and some rasp (depending on your exhaust)

Old 03-24-2011, 12:40 PM
DVG
tune helps but really they won't make the power you think they will.

I came to this realization after doing it myself. If I didn't get the headers dirt cheap and install them myself, I would never have gone that route knowing what I know.

you will only really benefit from headers if you do full exhaust and intake mods + cams and a tune. if you don't have all that you are pretty much adding a little high end power, some more exhaust noise and some rasp (depending on your exhaust)
Well I have an Injen CAI with a motordyne 5/16" and the headers will be making it into a full exhaust, so all Im really missing is the cams. How much power would the addition of cams get on this?

Old 03-24-2011, 12:49 PM
depending on the cam up to 30 with headers, I also did a port and polish on my plenum all the way down to the heads.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:03 PM
DVG
depending on the cam up to 30 with headers, I also did a port and polish on my plenum all the way down to the heads.
Ah well I just did a bit of researching... and it looks like you have to get pretty deep into the engine so I may as well just keep saving so I can do everything at once, thanks for the advice though. Still trying to decide if (when I have the money to get a built engine + turbo setup) I should put it into this car or save up yet more money and get a 350z/g coupe. I like the idea of putting it in a sedan because itd be a nice sleeper

Since you have done quite a bit of modding on your G, do you have any guesses about how much power I will be getting down to the ground after my tune (5AT, Injen CAI, Motordyne 5/16", Top speed headers, FI HFCs, Borla catback with magnaflow x pipe)

Old 03-24-2011, 01:21 PM
depending on the dyno and how good the tune is, you are looking at 250-260.. having a 5AT causes a bit of loss compared to 6MT.

NA mods are really disappointing. I'm building up NA because I'm crazy and I like the idea of trying to find the perfect combination for my engine. I'm also doing everything myself so I can figure it all out. I can't afford to pay someone else.

if you want a good bit of power just throw on a supercharger and keep your power below 375hp/tq with a mild tune so you don't have to build everything. not to mention 5AT don't like much more than 400hp before you have to build the tranny.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:36 PM
DVG
depending on the dyno and how good the tune is, you are looking at 250-260.. having a 5AT causes a bit of loss compared to 6MT.

NA mods are really disappointing. I'm building up NA because I'm crazy and I like the idea of trying to find the perfect combination for my engine. I'm also doing everything myself so I can figure it all out. I can't afford to pay someone else.

if you want a good bit of power just throw on a supercharger and keep your power below 375hp/tq with a mild tune so you don't have to build everything. not to mention 5AT don't like much more than 400hp before you have to build the tranny.
I would be happy with 240, anything beyond that would just make me happier :P

I know what you mean, this is draining all my money, I try to do everything myself (Except for the headers because it just looks like a huge PITA and will need an alignment after).

Ive been considering that also,I didnt know it would make that much power without beefing up the stock internals though, I might consider going that route now, although Ill have to go back to the stock headers to avoid a power loss .

what I was thinking was along these lines to address the transmission issue: http://www.speedforceracing.com/index.php?productID=839

hehehe^

Old 03-24-2011, 01:38 PM
yeah that would do it.

why would you need an alignment after doing headers? you don't touch the suspension.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:40 PM
DVG
The steering shaft has to be removed and put back in to install the headers, probably will need to be re-alligned after

Old 03-24-2011, 02:42 PM
nah just mark it and line it up again. its splined so you can't really mess it up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Top speed headers from Concept Z Performance