Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

consequences of straight pipe???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 05:30 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
And Fate8 before you get butt hurt and think we're a bunch of close-minded nits that hate on any new ideas just check out this thread. https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-...ust-build.html

There's a right way and a wrong way to do things, as they say "You're doing it wrong" and on top of that you spew BS to try to support the fact your frankenstein monstrosity is the best thing since sliced bread. SMDH.........
I never made claims about how mine is better than all else. All the pessimist started when I placed my response to a member about how they could run a setup without the y-pipe and run it to a straight thru system. If everyone wants to say I'm wrong than they can prove why I'm "doing it wrong" as far as I can tell everyone has a mindset that a straight outta the box exhaust system (that every jo blow has) is somehow superior to how I'm doing it. I don't care if one of the designers at Motordyne claims to study rocket science (that's a very simple subject to get a degree in) an exhaust system isn't rocket science and even a rocket scientist can get it wrong... Motordyne uses some good looking designs but they are by far not the greatest thing since penicillin. They sell overpriced tubes and mufflers they configured. The only thing they got going for them is that they are "shiny " and have a unique marketing plan, just like every other major label brand.(just because they are supposedly loved by everyone, it's all about"look what I bought. Isn't it cool")
No I prefer to make my own way. And another thing, I never said I made my Megan test pipes... I said they were Magen and anyway all testpipes are just tubes, with or without resonating devices, it don't make anyone better than the rest. The only unique ones are the ark pipes with the side chamber to cause frequency refraction which really doesn't really do that much besides perseaved sound.

I can argue semantics all day with anyone but if I'm trying to explain my point of view to someone who is set in their ways it would be wasting my time. So if anyone wants to keep arguing without the slightest inclination of maybe they might be wrong or look at things in a new light, it's not worth my time.
I'm gonna do me and they can do whatever's... but I will say this: My journey to make my G the way I want won't be effected by pessimists who say I'm wrong because it's not worth my time to argue with low iq trolls. (Not directed at a specific person, but if it offends them, they might be the troll)

6 months I'll post a video of my complete project and then make your judgements on if it's a good or bad thing.

I will not argue anymore but if the mods would like to keep their members they might wanna cut the users who poo-poo on the everyday enthusiast for this VQ forum. I have no problem leaving this forum in search of a better suited place for open minds.

And adults race too, who else would you expect to race?? There are differences between being a childish person in their activities and expressing themselves but there are also serious adults who like to have fun, and I am the later.

Peace.
Pm me if you wanna exchange info on how I plan on modifying the G, I know there are people who want to learn from each other without being ridiculed for being different. So I say to the troll who keeps trying to sound intelligent, "go be a fascist in public" stop trying so hard on the forum, you just reveal your real world IQ in the worst possible way every time you post. And to the Eastside person (I'm not even going to type his name because that's how much he matters to me) if he is in Arizona or surrounding area, PM me and we can set a date to "Compare" rides. Until then, why don't Jen post some of his work on his "supposed superior ride" I can't wait to critique his work...

The following users liked this post:
Durdy911 (07-22-2021)
Old 12-02-2016, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
I mean, Tony was a rocket scientist who used Helmholtz resonators in his design to remove unwanted sound from the exhaust.

I wouldn't pass off his exhaust as one of the few Japanese tuner exhausts that are more show then go.

Tony offered the Motordyne pipes in both stock and 3" form if I remember, to suit those who saw different needs.

Good on you for trying something different, but if you want to race, keep it at the track please.

Durdy911 (07-22-2021)
Old 12-02-2016, 05:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation Osiris tune? Lolz

Get a real tune. Osiris isn't all that great. Take it to a real Dyno tuner who isn't doing the "outta the box" tune. Omg... I can't believe you think your so quippy... you're not very smart if you think Osiris is so awesome. There are some major setbacks to not remapping the ECU in a proper way... omg just stop. You are trying to hard..

Mic drop, I'm out. I've got no more time for the dullards..
See you in 6 months. Unless you wanna see me sooner. Peace

And please do your homework, I'm tired of doing it for you. Buh-bye

Durdy911 (07-22-2021)
Old 12-02-2016, 06:14 PM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
Originally Posted by Fate8

my car is a real tuner/sleeper not some riced up paper towel fart tube noise maker.
No car as loud as yours can be considered a sleeper.

Old 12-03-2016, 12:59 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Fate8
I have no problem leaving this forum in search of a better suited place for open minds.

Until then, why don't Jen post some of his work on his "supposed superior ride" I can't wait to critique his work...
The first sentence here is the first thing you said that makes any sense in this thread. See ya!

And who is this Jen you speak of? Oh wait, you're leaving us so ignore my question........The irony is not lost on me that our most immature new member is telling a long time member to grow up when you need to more than anyone who's joined here in a very long time and that's saying something.