Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

consequences of straight pipe???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lightbulb Deep Exhaust/ lambo exhaust sound

Originally Posted by frofan
When everyone says raspy, do they mean like V8 raspy? I want an exhaust to sound as close to a V8 with a flowmaster as possible. I know it will never sound exact, but that is the type of sound I'm after. I like the stock exhaust sound too, but wish it was a little deeper and louder
Okay if you want a g35 that rumbles but doesn't sound like someone farting thru a paper tube try this:

remove cats, replace with "Resonated" test pipes (about $100-4150) megan is what i have.
Next Cut that stock y-pipe so it only has the two outlets instead of the merge collector.
Than put a Cherrybomb Elite truck muffler on dat biotch (it's a tight fit when you place as close as you can to the stock 'Y' pipe (now just pipes leading from the cats/test pipe's)
And lastly run the dual pipes to the back of your coupe so that it appears stock from out side, but its pretty much just straight as you can go with running pipes.
now just weld that up and your golden. no CELs More quicker Access to your HP, Less lag in an Automatic with regards to throttle. And Pulls hard! now all those pent up gases can escape alot quicker. faster revs, quicker shifts, quicker rpm drops. All around bad ***.

I call this exhaust job, "My RedNeck Lambo Ehaust job"
Check out the video clips on my youtube to hear how it compres to havin magnaflow with stock y-pipe incorporated to the system i have now
first video
F8 G35 Extreme exhaust "make em puke" (before y-pipe chop)

The system I just discribed is listed as:

F8 G35 (lamborghini Exhaust sound)

The deep notes are from start up to about 2800-3000Rpm
The Race care sound/lambo is from 3000-4500
and the awesomeness continues.
from rpm 4.5k to 7 sound more like a mix between lambo and low Rpm F1 race cars.

My exhaust is not complete yet. I have 2 more mods to be done but i won't reveal their awesomeness until its done after the dyno tune later this month. but the plans for exhaust involve vacuum cut-out valves ,not used as most people would use them and turbo systems (not under the hood

Look at my F8 g35 related youtube vids to get an idea of my plans.

Last edited by Fate8; 12-01-2016 at 02:33 PM. Reason: pic added
Old 12-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Hmmmmmmm

Old 12-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
sounds like any other raspy G35 per a video shot in a car wash bay

are you seriously suggesting your G35 sounds like a lamborghini just because you hacked up the exhaust and paired it with some of the worst quality test pipes available for these cars?

This right here really solidifies how delusional you may be in this area:
"The Race care sound/lambo is from 3000-4500
and the awesomeness continues.
from rpm 4.5k to 7 sound more like a mix between lambo and low Rpm F1 race cars."

LOLOL WHAT!?!?!

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (12-02-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 04:55 PM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Lmao at Taylor's post. I will say this though. If you would have never showed and explained what it looked like underneath i actually would have been like wow that sounds good but the fact that you have a led light under your trunk and AutoZone chrome letters that says F8 on your rear and the Lamborghini comparison just killed it Ctfu.

Aren't lambos like 100k and upwards of 350k in some cases? The g35 was like 40k new? Ctfu this is why I love this place. No hard feelings to the F8 guy but LOL

Edited to post this

Name:  Capture_2016-12-01-16-58-36.png
Views: 6707
Size:  357.3 KB

How????

Last edited by eazdaskeez; 12-01-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:32 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
With a decent flowing exhaust and test pipes, you will have pretty much 0 power down low. Trust me, I ran 2.5" test pipes and a 2.5" catback, all my power was above 4k, it would even bog at lower rpms. I since swapped that catback back to the stock exhaust with a muffler delete. Still ricey by the standards here, but I don't have the money to ball out on a crazy setup. It sounds great to me, and I have under $200 in the whole setup. FWIW, this video is leaving the shop right after the muffler delete was done, there was carbon build-up in the system yet. It has gotten quieter but it still very loud.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:59 PM
Banned
no hard feelings either..but come on man lol.
be real here.

Old 12-01-2016, 06:07 PM
How's this for v8'ish sound :)

Originally Posted by frofan
When everyone says raspy, do they mean like V8 raspy? I want an exhaust to sound as close to a V8 with a flowmaster as possible. I know it will never sound exact, but that is the type of sound I'm after. I like the stock exhaust sound too, but wish it was a little deeper and louder
https://youtu.be/jWUBOjzg5jA

Last edited by Fate8; 12-01-2016 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Active video link
Old 12-01-2016, 06:16 PM
Just does

Originally Posted by eazdaskeez
Lmao at Taylor's post. I will say this though. If you would have never showed and explained what it looked like underneath i actually would have been like wow that sounds good but the fact that you have a led light under your trunk and AutoZone chrome letters that says F8 on your rear and the Lamborghini comparison just killed it Ctfu.

Aren't lambos like 100k and upwards of 350k in some cases? The g35 was like 40k new? Ctfu this is why I love this place. No hard feelings to the F8 guy but LOL

Edited to post this

How????
Where did I compare my g35 to an actual Lamborghini? The sound? Never did I say anything about my car having a Lamborghini exhaust or in anyway compare my car to the design of a Lamborghini. I take it you have a Motordyne or alike exhaust... EXCUSE ME for stepping out of the box and designing my own exhaust set up to flow and sound how I wish it to sound..

Old 12-02-2016, 06:18 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Say bro I usually express myself better through images than talk so bare with me.

Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
LOLOL WHAT!?!?!
My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

Name:  lolpic_zpsotcwmozz.png
Views: 5911
Size:  117.0 KB

Fate8 you lost me in the thread description with "lambo exhaust sound" then you bust out the "sounds better than a Motordyne exhaust" zinger.

Name:  failholecd3_zpszjogucdj.jpg
Views: 5920
Size:  24.8 KB

My overall assessment of your review is:

Name:  Coolstorybro_zpsha77xp6q.gif
Views: 5888
Size:  1.11 MB

So in conclusion I'd like to say:

Name:  Disturbedfunny_zps92hydwx3.jpg
Views: 5910
Size:  10.4 KB

Dude you need to grow up, learn the concept of humility and strive to be a better person. Your "look at how cool I am" attitude will only cause you much grief down the road of life, trust me I know...............

Last edited by Blue Dream; 12-02-2016 at 06:23 AM.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:31 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Fate8
Where did I compare my g35 to an actual Lamborghini? The sound? Never did I say anything about my car having a Lamborghini exhaust or in anyway compare my car to the design of a Lamborghini. I take it you have a Motordyne or alike exhaust... EXCUSE ME for stepping out of the box and designing my own exhaust set up to flow and sound how I wish it to sound..
mentions lambo twice in his op now once called out he backs down and twists it into "never said it was lambo design"

Well good on you man
You realized at least your g35 wasn't of Lamborghini design
We're making progress here

Old 12-02-2016, 06:37 AM
Banned
How about this. No car wash Video Link: https://youtu.be/nfmBq--iZSM
mods take note

I would say this is pretty incriminating evidence of both illegal street racing and sounding like another g35

Old 12-02-2016, 06:53 AM

Taken care of, Fate8 please familiarize yourself with the forum rules before you post again. They're there for a reason..............

Old 12-02-2016, 07:00 AM

And Fate8 before you get butt hurt and think we're a bunch of close-minded nits that hate on any new ideas just check out this thread. https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-...ust-build.html

There's a right way and a wrong way to do things, as they say "You're doing it wrong" and on top of that you spew BS to try to support the fact your frankenstein monstrosity is the best thing since sliced bread. SMDH.........

Old 12-02-2016, 01:36 PM
You all just hate because ya love the F8

Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
mentions lambo twice in his op now once called out he backs down and twists it into "never said it was lambo design"

Well good on you man
You realized at least your g35 wasn't of Lamborghini design
We're making progress here
LoLz,
I know what i wrote and i didnt write that "My" Exhuast was of lamborghini design. (do you see any vaccum valves or anything other than straight pipe and a dual exhaust 3 chamber muffler? What I SAID was it sounds like a lambo between 3.5k-7k before rev limit. And with that said, why dont you enlighten me as to why my set up is so wrong? I purposefully avoid spending $1500 on a crackerjack exhaust that has aq good marketing layout. have you even tried tuning yourself? or do you go off the wisdom of the internet gods??? truth is even if there were to be a great product as far as materials go, but have a very shitty design in fluid dynamics and refractive waves but have a giant 'were so awesome because our dyno runs and our friends dyno says so campaign.

Truth is, the exhaust systems out there do not have the design i require for the required backpressure at low rpm and the flow at WOT that I require and love. SOOOOOO I design my own exhaust (just like every real tuner) anyone can buy the gem of the week from the ads in a mag that looks pretty..

So with all this being said, why don't you point out some real faults like a adult instead of a **** retentive pessimist whose only joy they get is from trolling a site on cars the supposedly support in the Vq community.. Grow up. You guys remind me of that south park episode with the fat dude drinking mountain dew in his mamma basement. Trolling because someone is outside the norm with their innovations and ideas.
hell, even when that other guy posted about his exhaust note you shot him down like you were playing duck hunt and all he did was say check out how it sounds...

So with all that said, grow up. Let me do me and you do you and if we were to met in the streets i wouldn't be suprised to add you to the "kill list' ive compiled of all the cars that have tried to race me with their only prize "the feel that feeling of sorrow because they spent all their money tryin to make theirs fast by buying brand name marketing ****** only to gain sub-par to negligible enhancements to oem"

if you have any more critiques on why my tuning is so awful, why don't you post some work you've done of your tuner (BOX BRAND NOT ACCEPTED, unless its an engine or electrical component)

my car is a real tuner/sleeper not some riced up paper towel fart tube noise maker.

So put up or shut up.

The following users liked this post:
Durdy911 (07-22-2021)
Old 12-02-2016, 03:26 PM
Banned
LoLz,
I know what i wrote and i didnt write that "My" Exhuast was of lamborghini design. (do you see any vaccum valves or anything other than straight pipe and a dual exhaust 3 chamber muffler? What I SAID was it sounds like a lambo between 3.5k-7k before rev limit. And with that said, why dont you enlighten me as to why my set up is so wrong? I purposefully avoid spending $1500 on a crackerjack exhaust that has aq good marketing layout. have you even tried tuning yourself? or do you go off the wisdom of the internet gods??? truth is even if there were to be a great product as far as materials go, but have a very shitty design in fluid dynamics and refractive waves but have a giant 'were so awesome because our dyno runs and our friends dyno says so campaign.

Truth is, the exhaust systems out there do not have the design i require for the required backpressure at low rpm and the flow at WOT that I require and love. SOOOOOO I design my own exhaust (just like every real tuner) anyone can buy the gem of the week from the ads in a mag that looks pretty..

So with all this being said, why don't you point out some real faults like a adult instead of a **** retentive pessimist whose only joy they get is from trolling a site on cars the supposedly support in the Vq community.. Grow up. You guys remind me of that south park episode with the fat dude drinking mountain dew in his mamma basement. Trolling because someone is outside the norm with their innovations and ideas.
hell, even when that other guy posted about his exhaust note you shot him down like you were playing duck hunt and all he did was say check out how it sounds...

So with all that said, grow up. Let me do me and you do you and if we were to met in the streets i wouldn't be suprised to add you to the "kill list' ive compiled of all the cars that have tried to race me with their only prize "the feel that feeling of sorrow because they spent all their money tryin to make theirs fast by buying brand name marketing ****** only to gain sub-par to negligible enhancements to oem"

if you have any more critiques on why my tuning is so awful, why don't you post some work you've done of your tuner (BOX BRAND NOT ACCEPTED, unless its an engine or electrical component)

my car is a real tuner/sleeper not some riced up paper towel fart tube noise maker.

So put up or shut up.
So yeah tony at motordyne was a rocket scientist but yeah your g35 megan test pipe exhaust is made better/sounds better. *** motordyne crackerjacks
"fluid dynamics and refractive waves" huh? last i checked you called this your redneck exhaust job LOL

point number 2
before telling someone to "grow up" try not to use "South Park/duck hunter and paper towel fart tubes" as examples for your points. By the way. grow up? You just filmed yourself doing 100+ on a public highway but youre the grown up adult here. Fool. Absolute fool.

point number 3.
the majority of cars here were pro tuned by Seymor or Jookyshank using Osiris- your arguments of you being the tuner around here knowing how to make his own shitt is laughable at best.

You made nothing.
You didnt make the MEGAN test pipes
You didnt make the, strong LOL here, Cherry bomb muffler (lol still laughing)

You did make the following:
A video of you breaking forum and local rules
Assumptions your G sounds like a lambo
Assumptions your G sounds like an F1 car
Assumptions that I would race you in the streets LOLOL. Sure thing dude I'll come race your Nissan shitbox (wait why would you race though? arent you all grown up?)
And my personal favorite:
A complete *** of yourself.

Well done. Im going to let the rest of the forum finish up this for me. Youre done kid.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: consequences of straight pipe???