Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Test pipe advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
u go girlfriend!!

Old 07-08-2014, 12:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Eno
No- let's talk about your cheap knock off for a second. For the time and money you're going to spend on trying to kick the bees out of your "piping" you're going to have bought and paid for a decent used, authentic exhaust from a reputable manufacturer.

For a guy who can't afford anything with a stamp on it- you sure seem to have scrambled up a lot of dollars to enhance the performance of your codspeed / flopspeed parts. And you have particularly fine taste for a guy who shuns those who don't mind spending good money on good things ie: that meet expectations and perform as desired.

You're one of these try hard baller types who pay minimum and then expect to get everything they want- then rag on others who suggest that you should have just bought the RIGHT item in the first place. You could afford a 7000 dollar car and for some reason, somehow decided that it was SO important to upgrade the exhaust that you bought the cheapest POS available. And now you're in looking for ways to make it suck less and giving us crap for pointing out how stupid your decision was.

Sure- doing it right would have meant you'd spend more up front... But you wouldn't be cringing at your own car every time you poke the beehive 4000 times a minute (ie every time you accelerate) as you "cruise" (I assume you meant) around yo' hood wid da window day-ouwn bein' all Bo-diddly (or whatever the 4ck kids are these days).

What's going to knock your rasp issue? (Guess what) More money- and you can keep throwing it at junk all you want but you'll end up paying twice as much in the end.
Wow who pissed in your Cheerios?

But thank you as that's kind of the answer I was looking for.

Money isn't the issue I don't mind spending the money to get the right exhaust note but looking on YouTube videos and online reviews it didn't sound too bad and for the price it seems like a great choice. I also don't hate the exhaust note I just hate the rasp. And I'm not exactly sure if a new exhaust will get rid of that rasp because of the test pipes.

So you're saying buying a new expensive exhaust will fix the beehive or raspy noise that I'm hearing now or will I have to buy new test pipes with resonators? Because like I said, I can spend the money, that's not why I bought the cheap exhaust I was just expecting a different sound.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,017 Likes on 936 Posts
Exhaust was not designed to have smooth flow like the HKS, Motordyne, Fast intentions, etc. Unfortunately your best bet is to sell on craigslist and then purchase HFC with a new catback.