Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

BERK HFC just my personal opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking BERK HFC just my personal opinions

Hey folks, so i normally dont post much on here but since theres always some sort of discussion on this forum about which is the best hfc for our g i figured id post my thoughts on the berk hfc. first off i want to thank kyle over at import parts pro... his customer service was great and shipping was super fast.
here we go...
so i was debating like most of us on which hfc was best.. i read tons of posts and everybody had different opinions. i already have a fast intentions full exhaust system which is great, so i narrowed it down to FI hfc or the berks. after i emailed tony over at FI he told me that it would take 4-5 weeks to build and then ship and i really didnt want to wait that long as its already august and this car is going in the garage once the cold weather starts here so i opted for the berks as they were in stock and the price was right.
the install took me about 3 hours with hand tools and a creeper. install was pretty straight forward, all you really need is a bunch of 14mm sockets and a nice long extension and breaker bar. it may take less for some but i really like to take my time and make sure everything is right.. plus this is a hobby for me so theres no rush. anyways after the install before i turned the car on i reset my ecu using the pedal method... i think i did it right anyways lol. so after the reset i started her up and at idle it sounds just about the same. you really hear the difference at WOT once i took her out for a drive i have to say im pretty impressed. There is some drone and some rasp but nothing that i cant live with as this isnt my daily.. if anything i used this car once every other week or so lol. i definitely feel a little more response and a little more torque. nothing super drastic but i'd say at least 5hp or so. the sound is very aggressive and very mean for sure. it still retains that famous infiniti sound just a little darker and meaty if that makes any sense lol.
anyway overall im happy with my purchase and looking forward to my next mod whatever it is lol.

peace guys

Old 09-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just ordered mine on Friday. It will be in soon... Very excited!

Old 09-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
Be sure to tighten everything up or ull have a a headache like me. I will be reinstalling mines.