Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

G35 Coupe Exhaust!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Coupe Exhaust!

I've got and 05 Coupe with a muffler delete (I know rice) but I'm 18 and it's decent I guess I want it to be a bit more loud with maybe a little cleaner sound so I figured Test pipes resonated what's my best option to keep the muffler delete but make it sound better and louder? Thanks

Old 01-31-2016, 04:37 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Get a real exhaust
You've already posted about dipping the car matte black and
eBay testpipes

I assure you. You're not on the cusp of doing anything worthwhile with both of those ideas.

Save and do it right
This entire forum will tell you that.

And doing it right doesn't mean spending tens of thousands either. Wait for used/craigslist deals or just save for something made with some quality.

Old 01-31-2016, 07:21 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by Dirty 35
I've got and 05 Coupe with a muffler delete (I know rice) but I'm 18 and it's decent I guess I want it to be a bit more loud with maybe a little cleaner sound so I figured Test pipes resonated what's my best option to keep the muffler delete but make it sound better and louder? Thanks
Dirty 35 this is a repost and it's almost as unclear as the last one! You've done a muffler delete and you don't like the sound...right so far? You don't want it louder but are trying to change the sound...how my do'in? Test pipes are crap and you won't like how much noise they make! Inexpensive way to reach your goals would be to buy/install Magnaflow mufflers made for your G. Less noise and a deeper tone than factory. If you can't afford better mufflers reinstall the factory mufflers and leave it alone...Gary

Old 01-31-2016, 09:33 PM
JerseyTaylor guys like you pis* me off "I'm probably not going to dip my car or do anything" well i just dropped 400$ on the dip kit including doing the rims got a front lip and gorilla grill if test pipes suck then help me out what out Tp's sound better in ok with The delete I just want louder and a bit cleaner

Gorilla grill will be here Tuesday with the lip

Old 01-31-2016, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the reply Gary! But you must have read it wrong I said I'm okay with The delete I just wanted it louder and wanted to know what Tp's would do that

Old 01-31-2016, 10:11 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
JerseyTaylor guys like you pis* me off "I'm probably not going to dip my car or do anything" well i just dropped 400$ on the dip kit including doing the rims got a front lip and gorilla grill if test pipes suck then help me out what out Tp's sound better in ok with The delete I just want louder and a bit cleaner

Uh, he did just help you, dude. Don't get butthurt, just listen to his advice. We get a bit testy around here cuz these questions are constantly asked. Don't take it personally. Like he said, wait for a good deal on a used one, or you could even piece it together if you wanna do it little by little. Just buy quality parts.

Think about it as an investment if nothing else. A car is not an investment, but your parts can be. You'll always be able to sell a nice exhaust, wheels, seats, body panels, etc. if you wanna get rid of your car. EBay **** will never sell, and it'll break and you'll have to buy it again, making it cost more in the long run. But whatever you do, don't get butthurt cuz you can't take advice. Jersey is right and that's all there is to it.

Last edited by ScraggleRock; 01-31-2016 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:24 PM
What you just said is useful but why in the world would you get "testy" with someone looking for as much advice as possible??????? I don't understand even if you get asked the question a lot?? Why would you even be on her giving suggestions if your ganna get "testy" what jersey said was fine "get a real exhaust" cool that doesn't help me but whatever why I got "butt hurt" was bc he's trying to play me like I don't buy anything that is unnecessary and unneeded if you wanna defend someone like that that is cool I just want useful info other than "get a real exhaust" no one in my area/town does any mods at all they just buy new cars and leave them stock so this Info is important to me

Old 01-31-2016, 10:58 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
What you just said is useful but why in the world would you get "testy" with someone looking for as much advice as possible??????? I don't understand even if you get asked the question a lot?? Why would you even be on her giving suggestions if your ganna get "testy" what jersey said was fine "get a real exhaust" cool that doesn't help me but whatever why I got "butt hurt" was bc he's trying to play me like I don't buy anything that is unnecessary and unneeded if you wanna defend someone like that that is cool I just want useful info other than "get a real exhaust" no one in my area/town does any mods at all they just buy new cars and leave them stock so this Info is important to me
We're on here because we love our cars and like to talk about them, but yeah, when you've answered the same questions 627 times and someone comes on here starting a new thread without even TRYING to do any research it gets annoying.

Look, no one is unwilling to help you, but we wanna know you've at least done SOME legwork. Don't just come in here and say, "hey, I want a loud exhaust what do you think about eBay parts?". It will not go over well; just like anything else there is etiquette here. I have learned a **** ton of things from this forum and I'm thankful that it's here, but it is what you make (and take from) it. Google your questions first (click on the links from g35driver), then if you can't find your answers then start a thread. Remember how old this platform is; most things have been gone over at LEAST twice. Hell, even if you Google it and find 90% of what you're looking for, then want more specifics, start a new thread. Yes, we are here to help, but no we are not here to compliment you on your purchases if we don't agree with them, ya know? We can take you where you want to go, but we won't necessarily hold your hand (no offense...sort of )

Old 02-01-2016, 07:17 AM
There's hella answers on exhaust "get a cat back" "I did a delete and like it" "I did it and hated" cool I know I'm not stupid I know how to use the Internet I just wanted to know would would sound good with the muffler delete I read some guy said he did unresonated test pipes and it was awful so I didn't see my answer do you fee better now ? Lol

Old 02-01-2016, 10:08 AM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
unresonated test pipes with a muffler delete is going to sound absolutely terrible, rasp city. Even resonated will not help all too much, it's the downfall of doing a cheap muffler delete. you're going to sound like a piece of crap put together Honda.

as has been said, the best advice we can give you is, save up for a quality exhaust, some decent used ones going for $700 - $1000. Then worry about the test pipes afterwards...

best test pipes for sound are Motordyne ART Pipes, but they are somewhat "baller" territory brand new $600-700, used $400. everything else sounds like dooky

Old 02-01-2016, 10:18 AM
Banned
JerseyTaylor guys like you pis* me off

ok so? its guys like you who are ruining/have already ruined these cars?
your move GORILLA GRILL
G35 Coupe Exhaust!-uvml8dz.jpg
TROLOOLOLOL

:bowr oflbowroflbowroflbowrofl:

Old 02-01-2016, 10:28 AM
Jersey your car is basic af I like the rims but your car doesn't stand out whatsoever js it's basic man don't say I'm ruining my car by doing something different I'll upload a photo in the next two weeks and you can tell me how "terrible" it looks because your car is so bad as* gtfo hahaha

Old 02-01-2016, 10:32 AM
Banned
Jersey your car is basic af I like the rims but your car doesn't stand out whatsoever js it's basic man don't say I'm ruining my car by doing something different I'll upload a photo in the next two weeks and you can tell me how "terrible" it looks because your car is so bad as* gtfo hahaha
Rims huh?
:bowr oflbowrofl:

Old 02-01-2016, 10:33 AM
Banned
G35 Coupe Exhaust!-ndkd9ad.jpg

this is my thread now youngin

Old 02-01-2016, 10:34 AM
Banned

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Coupe Exhaust!