Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

HKS muffler welded to stock exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 05:07 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
HKS muffler welded to stock exhaust?

I managed to find a guy parting out his G after an accident and he is selling an HKS replica dual muffler that we are all so familiar with. He got custom OEM rolled burnt tips added as well and it looks pretty great. Problem is he is only selling the mufflers themselves and not the whole system.
It would really make the rear of my G look awesome if I could somehow manage to get a shop to weld these mufflers to the stock exhaust and get rid of my current stock mufflers.
Do you guys think this could work?
Im just curious as so whether it would be louder than stock or not.
i have a friend who has a muffler delete on his G and it sounds awesome I always wanted to do this but never came around to it.
im thinking it would maybe sound OEM but louder maybe similar to a standard muffler delete Y pipe mod.
Thoughts?

Old 02-16-2017, 06:15 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
It won't sound like OEM but it will be louder. How much I have no idea but I'm a sucker for the OEM coupe tone. One of the sexiest stock domestic exhausts ever IMHO.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:21 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Replica HKS mufflers will make your exhaust sound louder, a lot better than ghetto muffler delete mod your friend did! Any muffler shop s/b able to handle the install...Gary

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.