So I, as many, have dead door lock motors on my 03 coupe which is out of warranty. I was pretty dusgusted with the dealer cost of ~150 for a door lock motor especially since i know from installing alarms and power door locks (in college) that aftermarket door lock motors cost less than 10 bucks.
I bought this door lock motor:
And installed it as shown in the pics below.
- I made the bracket holding the motor (.06" thick 5052 aluminum)
- drilled a hole in the door handle housing for the rod to pass through
- clipped off part of the plastic door lock lever
- trimmed some of the plastic ribs on the inside of the door panel to make clearance for the motor.
- Cut the wires going to the factory motor and hooked directly to the new motor. You can find the wires inside the door below the speaker (take out the speaker). I brought them out the rubber boot above the speaker.
This was the passenger door. I'm gonna try the drivers door tomorrow.
Again... cost was $5... Sweet.....