Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Installing a Fiberglass bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Installing a Fiberglass bumper

Anyone ever done it? I purchased a Inven front about a year and half ago but havent had the time to install it, been in and out of town allot due to work. But now I do. It's not linning up very well. Its rubbing on the headlights. also did you guys reuse the metal brackets that hold it to the fenders?
Thanks

Old 12-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by g3fly
also did you guys reuse the metal brackets that hold it to the fenders?
Thanks
The metal bracket wasn't used when my shop installed my Kuruma Z, and it's held up fine for almost a year now. Don't know why they didn't reuse it though, it seems to me like it would be a good idea for extra reinforcement.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:46 PM
So did they just use the oem screws with some fender washers or what. I wouldnt just wanna put the screw by them self just beacuse it would create weak points or crack. Where you able to still run your oem grill and skidplate (or under tray?)

Right now im in the process of making the bumper grills inserts that match the oem. I am not tryna use some chicken wire or gutter stuff. coustom ftw

Old 12-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
The stock bolts i had in there had a larger washer to hold it better. I think you can also buy rubber washers too which will ease the pressure a little. Just dont overtighten them snug them.

You can run your oem grill also and the place that made the kit would dictate if they made the bumper long enough on the bottom to connect the tray. At worse you can get some extra plastic from lowes or home depot and drill into undertray and bumper with some screws.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Project
The stock bolts i had in there had a larger washer to hold it better. I think you can also buy rubber washers too which will ease the pressure a little. Just dont overtighten them snug them.

You can run your oem grill also and the place that made the kit would dictate if they made the bumper long enough on the bottom to connect the tray. At worse you can get some extra plastic from lowes or home depot and drill into undertray and bumper with some screws.
Yea I got some rubber washers allready and I also plan on adding to the oem skid plate with a ss sheet since it wont rust, or may just make a new one. Kinda like the ARC one.

But my main concern is fitting the bumper. Fitment so far is ****ty I havent even began to install and drill out for the sidemarkers.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Lol I know the feeling. Almost every kit needs work here and there. Just take your time and do it right. Theres nothing like having to redo it especially once it is painted.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:38 PM
yupp exacly and im not even complainting beacuse I know how it is with aftermarket stuff. I got a 70 chevelle and just droped 6G's on new interior and extiror trim and some other parts for it and 60% of it I need to slightly mod to fit. I was just asking for some advise and questions so I know what im getting into lol.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:44 PM
FAIL going to TNT to install it. Bumper fitment is like putting on a shoe on the oppisite foot thats 2 sizes smaller. All bad.