Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Drivers Seat Wire Colors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Drivers Seat Wire Colors

I need help with the wiring of the drivers seat, specifically the colors of plug B6. I pulled the wires out of the plug to clean the connections and didn't realize they were different colors than the other end of the plug. This is the white plug that has 12 wires, two rows of terminals, is located front center under the drivers seat and connects the seat controlls between each seat motor. I specifically need the colors on the side of the motors, not the switch side of the plug. (the side i need is a female plastic socket with male terminals inside).

I have the service manual, but I can't find anyware it shows wire colors. If someone can post a picture or list of the color order this would greatly help. I can't drive to work with out this (safely). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Any Help?

Old 08-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Well now, I'm stuck, in a very upright position. Even just a pic of the plug which is right behind the plastic trim piece on the front of the drivers seat would solve my problem. Any help would be very much appreciated. I've been searching and reading (and getting distracted by all the other threads). Maybe I'm going about this wrong. Maybe I need directions on the proper place to ask this question? Maybe nobody can answer this question and you just wasted your time reading this....

Old 08-30-2011, 08:03 AM
Ok, so far no help, but I have an update and still NEED help if anyone can snap a picture of the white plug directly behind the plastic trim on the front of the drivers seat. This is a 12 pin disconnect in a wire harness, not a plug into a box/unit. I need the side of the disconnect with male pins. After studying the Schematics for the drivers seat, I thought I had narrowed down 6 of the 12 pins, but now I am uncertain if I'm looking at plug B6, B321, B326 (should plug into the seat switch), or even B324 (should plug into the Seat Control Unit). HELP Please. Such an amateur mistake and now I can't get any help.

On the positive side, I did just learn about the "power walk-in feature", didn't know we had that.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Smile Wiring fixed.

I've figured it out! I took some pictures last night and was able to piece it together on paper with the help of the service manuals...THANK YOU psedog!

For all those following this so closely, lol, I was not looking at disconnect B6/B321 after all. I found that disconnect and verified all wire colors with the service manual. Just the same, B324 matched all color codes with the drivers Seat Control Unit plug. The one left is B326 which is the plug (not disconnect) for the Power Seat Switch. The mistake was that this looks like a disconnect between two wire harnesses, but it's not. The seat switch isn't a "box" like most components. It is just the four switches with wires terminated into a plug which B326 plugs into. This plug is identical to the 12 pin plug for the B6/B321 disconnect. I have attached pics of my mess. During lunch, I will be reassembling the plug and testing it out. It SHOULD work.

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE POSTED ON THIS THREAD!

Anyone who needs help in the future, I may have screwed this up, but with minimal effort I've figured it out. I'm a little out of practice. I am actually pretty good with schematics and figuring out wiring. I'd be glad to lend some advise if needed. PM me.

electrical wires wire wiring diagram terminal plug disconnect crimp connection power signal

Attached Thumbnails Drivers Seat Wire Colors-b326.jpg   Drivers Seat Wire Colors-b6.jpg   Drivers Seat Wire Colors-b321.jpg  
Old 11-21-2014, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seat

[QUOTE=Flood136;6086869]I've figured it out! I took some pictures last night and was able to piece it together on paper with the help of the service manuals...THANK YOU psedog!

For all those following this so closely, lol, I was not looking at disconnect B6/B321 after all. I found that disconnect and verified all wire colors with the service manual. Just the same, B324 matched all color codes with the drivers Seat Control Unit plug. The one left is B326 which is the plug (not disconnect) for the Power Seat Switch. The mistake was that this looks like a disconnect between two wire harnesses, but it's not. The seat switch isn't a "box" like most components. It is just the four switches with wires terminated into a plug which B326 plugs into. This plug is identical to the 12 pin plug for the B6/B321 disconnect. I have attached pics of my mess. During lunch, I will be reassembling the plug and testing it out. It SHOULD work.

Anyone who needs help in the future, I may have screwed this up, but with minimal effort I've figured it out. I'm a little out of practice. I am actually pretty good with schematics and figuring out wiring. I'd be glad to lend some advise if needed. PM me.

electrical wires wire wiring diagram terminal plug disconnect crimp connection power signal[/QU

i have to fix my seat but just looking at those pics scares the s*** out of me!

Old 11-24-2014, 09:36 AM
What's the issue with your seat?

The following users liked this post:
woodstar (11-25-2014)
Old 11-25-2014, 04:05 PM
All my driver seat adjustments are stuck in my 03 Coupe. I can usually fix stuff on the car (not too many probs luckily), but i look at the wiring and scratch my head. I'll have a good look at what you've done and have a go. I rely a lot on Driver forum for info. I'm in Australia, 03 imported from Japan (Infiniti but with Skyline badge) & dealers here don't want to know. Example: $800 for radiator - 2 week wait. I imported myself for $149, took 3 days. Downunder's good, bur not for G parts!

Old 07-01-2020, 06:35 PM
g35x sedan
Originally Posted by Flood136
I've figured it out! I took some pictures last night and was able to piece it together on paper with the help of the service manuals...THANK YOU psedog!

electrical wires wire wiring diagram terminal plug disconnect crimp connection power signal

Could n

ot tell from the pictures which wire was spliced with which color I’m having the same issue. Changed a 2007 seat to a 2006 car same specs and model