Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

03 coupe front grille removal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 coupe front grille removal?

So I was bought paint and stuff to paint my front grille back since the DIY guide on here inspired me.. but im having a bit of trouble taking off my front grille! I see all the DIY guides on here talk about the part attaching the bumper to the grille to be a diamond shaped piece where you twist it, but for mine that doesnt seem to be the case and i cant seem to get that part off

also for these clips how do i go about removing them? do i literally just push it up gently and pull my grille outwards? ive been trying that but havent been putting to much pressure cause i dont wanna snap them since people said they snap easily

Old 09-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Your on the wrong side for the twist and push ones bud haha. You have to be on the outside with the hood up. There are small access holes to reach it. As for the bottom of the grill. Feel for a lump on the underside of the painted part. It moves at the base of the black radiator support. This has to come up to pop out. Hope that helps.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

If the bottom ones are free the grille will EASILY slide out

Old 09-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Your on the wrong side for the twist and push ones bud haha. You have to be on the outside with the hood up. There are small access holes to reach it. As for the bottom of the grill. Feel for a lump on the underside of the painted part. It moves at the base of the black radiator support. This has to come up to pop out. Hope that helps.
Damn I just went to check again im not to sure what you mean by it, the other side is just the painted part lol, do you think you can help me with a picture or something?

If the bottom ones are free the grille will EASILY slide out
Yeah I understand that, the biggest problem is the two twistys things on the corner of the top parts, am I right about just pushing those tabs up and then sliding it out?

also heres the video where i learned to "attempt" to take off the front grille

at 1:42 is the part im talking about.. idk how he did that lol

Old 09-22-2013, 01:18 AM
Super Moderator

Maybe tomorrow, but his pliers are on the back of said clip at 1:47. You need to get a flashlight and shine on the horizontal flip side of the clip (front of the car).

In this video, he has taken these out before and apparently never put them back. They are a challenge to get back in.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Maybe tomorrow, but his pliers are on the back of said clip at 1:47. You need to get a flashlight and shine on the horizontal flip side of the clip (front of the car).

In this video, he has taken these out before and apparently never put them back. They are a challenge to get back in.
Just retook a look.. i see the diamond shaped thing now lol, i took a flathead and twisted it so its a square now, but its still not popping off! what am i doing wrong? lol
also i really cant seem to get the bottom clips to slide off, ive been pushing it up with a screwdriver and gently pulling it out but to no prevail =/

Last edited by g35fnatic; 09-22-2013 at 12:06 PM.