Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

TS Style rear diffuser confirmation...pls help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 10:07 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
TS Style rear diffuser confirmation...pls help

Hi guys & gals, I recently bought a VIS rear diffuser from JMAutoRacing but when it arrived it didn't look like what I expected it to be but JMAuto kept insisting that it is the "TS Style" for the G35 coupe and the TS Style for the 350Z is actually different. So for all the experts out there, can you please help me out by confirming if the pictures below is in fact the correct "TS Style" diffuser?

Name:  Lexuspics317_zpsf730242c.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  100.2 KB

Name:  Lexuspics316_zpsfeccef6b.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  93.4 KB

Old 03-19-2014, 11:26 PM
Anyone??? Please help me verified this so I can have this thread as a proof on my behalf just in case JMAuto Racing won't resolve this issue.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:19 AM
Received 96 Likes on 85 Posts
What is it supposed to look like, why not email VIS directly to confirm? VIS site only shows one type and looks exactly like this one you got.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:26 AM
Originally Posted by BowWizzel
What is it supposed to look like, why not email VIS directly to confirm? VIS site only shows one type and looks exactly like this one you got.
Well here's the thing, I originally inquired Mastergrade or Shine Auto TS style diffuser from JMAuto knowing they only make it specifically for 350Z's but you can retrofit it to G coupe. So JMAuto gave me price quote on 2 brands which is Seibon & VIS since they don't carry the other brand. Now VIS brand of TS style diffuser, on their website it's called "Terminator" for 350Z and G35 diffuser doesn't have a specific name it's just called "Custom Carbon fiber rear center diffuser" here's the link to both diffusers:
http://www.visracing.com/newcatalog/...-Diffuser.html

With that said before I sent out the payment I called JMAuto to confirm if VIS actually produce a TS style diffuser since I didn't bother to check VIS website at the time. JMAuto stated that Mastergrade, Shine Auto and VIS diffuser are all the same so I didn't hesitate at all to order since this guy knows what he's talking about until the wrong diffuser showed up at my door. According to JMAuto he verified to VIS & Seibon that the picture above is in fact the TS style for the G35 coupe. It looks like Nismo style to me but like I said on my post, I needed the assurance from the expert on this forum to convince JMAuto that I can proof my case & get my refund back or otherwise.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:55 AM
Received 96 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by dreloc
Well here's the thing, I originally inquired Mastergrade or Shine Auto TS style diffuser from JMAuto knowing they only make it specifically for 350Z's but you can retrofit it to G coupe. So JMAuto gave me price quote on 2 brands which is Seibon & VIS since they don't carry the other brand. Now VIS brand of TS style diffuser, on their website it's called "Terminator" for 350Z and G35 diffuser doesn't have a specific name it's just called "Custom Carbon fiber rear center diffuser" here's the link to both diffusers:

With that said before I sent out the payment I called JMAuto to confirm if VIS actually produce a TS style diffuser since I didn't bother to check VIS website at the time. JMAuto stated that Mastergrade, Shine Auto and VIS diffuser are all the same so I didn't hesitate at all to order since this guy knows what he's talking about until the wrong diffuser showed up at my door. According to JMAuto he verified to VIS & Seibon that the picture above is in fact the TS style for the G35 coupe. It looks like Nismo style to me but like I said on my post, I needed the assurance from the expert on this forum to convince JMAuto that I can proof my case & get my refund back or otherwise.
Let me get this clear, you posted 2 links. One for the 350z & one for the g35. You wanted the 350z one. They sent you the g35 one. If so then maybe they just think you want the g35 diffuser as you have a g35 which as far as I know does not come in that "TS style".

Old 03-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by BowWizzel
Let me get this clear, you posted 2 links. One for the 350z & one for the g35. You wanted the 350z one. They sent you the g35 one. If so then maybe they just think you want the g35 diffuser as you have a g35 which as far as I know does not come in that "TS style".
Maybe I should've mentioned on my PM to them that I wanted a 350Z diffuser instead but I didn't, I just said TS style knowing they're a parts vendor & have knowledge on these things but they should've PM'd me back to confirm which diffuser I wanted since the g35 diffuser does not come in "TS style".