Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Airbag sensor plug under drivers seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
G35 6MT Coupe
Airbag sensor plug under drivers seat

So a while ago I kept having my airbag light come on. I'd do the self diagnostics and it would come back as everything is okay. Id reset it and it would come back on a day or two later.

I eventually got fed up and took it to Infiniti. The tech said it was just a loose wire under the drivers seat and (gasp) didn't charge me for the fix!

No light came on for almost a year. Now it's back on. The SRS guide I have just shows a VERY basic location for the plug. I looked underneath the seat and saw tons of plugs, they all seemed okay, but Id like to undo and replug in the correct one.

Any ideas?

Old 09-09-2014, 09:09 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
It's the yellow connector under your seat, on the coupe it might be zip-tied to the main harness and wrapped under black tape. You should check with Infiniti first to find out if the airbag recall has been done to your car already.

The following users liked this post:
bigc (09-09-2014)
Old 09-09-2014, 09:17 PM
G35 6MT Coupe
Thank you. Sadly the recall either has been done or it didnt apply to my VIN. I asked that when I was having issues 6 months ago. I thought it was going so well until the other day when it popped back on. The tech at Infiniti told me it was a loose plug before. I hope thats all it is and will be a quick fix.

Where do those wires run? I added a rear camera and video-in to the stock nav along with a HDMI -> RCA conversion and a MicroUSB to HDMI so I could have my phone output to the stock nav unit. Everything fits kind of snuggly, its all jammed behind the stereo, behind the ashtray and some wires are under the drivers side panel by my right knee. Any chance I could be pinching an airbag wire or connector in there?

I will unplug and reconnect the airbag sensor this weekend and see how it all works out.... I'm about to install my MREV2 / Spacer this weekend anyway

Old 09-10-2014, 12:46 AM
If your issue started shortly after you installed the rear camera and those wires, then they might be related; if not then I'll take them as isolated issues and try reconnecting the airbag plugs under the seats first. Those plugs are for side airbags and are also the main cause for the recall, and depending on how the recall is done the issue might get worse. When you work on the plugs do include both driver and passenger side; and you should try calling different Infiniti to find out about the recall on your car.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:13 PM
G35 6MT Coupe
Is it possible that a seatbelt pretensioner can throw that code? I've had very intermittent issues with the drivers side pretensioner.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:44 AM
It could, and you should be getting the airbag light every time the issue came up, and it should also show when you did the self diagnostics. I'd try the plugs under the seats first and see if the issue goes away.