Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

All 4 doors randomly autolocking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 09:06 PM
Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
All 4 doors randomly autolocking

I know this issue has been covered to death, so please bear with me.

For the 8 months I've owned my '06 sedan, like all the other threads have stated, I've gotten use to rolling a window down whenever I leave the key in the ignition, and just living with the fact that the doors will sometimes lock themselves.

Today it became a real problem, as the doors are auto-locking themselves as often every 10 f***ing seconds when I'm driving, completely independent of engine/wheel speed or any consistent time interval. It is even trying to re-lock the doors when they are already locked.

Any help would be much appreciated, otherwise I'm going to have to take it to a dealer before the damn car breaks itself.

(I also got a SES light today, hence my frustration. I doubt it's related as I've had the lock issue for a while, but I'm going to the parts store later tonight to check the code.)

Thanks, and happy driving!!

Old 11-24-2015, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
May be BCM? Look up code.

The following users liked this post:
MooseLucifer (11-25-2015)
Old 11-25-2015, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the info, I hadn't seen BCM suggested anywhere, time to dive back into the forums!

As for the code, it's P0172 - Rich on both banks
Store printout said it was either injectors, fuel pressure regulator, MAF, or AF sensors.
I installed a Nismo intake and K/N filter (w/o any extra oil), and a rough idle developed, so I cleaned the MAF and TB, hard-reset the ECU, replaced the PCV valve, and the idle eventually returned to normal after a few heat cycles, only to throw a code today.

I put some Seafoam in on a 1/4 tank and drove around for a while, and the slight hesitation at low revs seems to have disappeared, so I'm hoping that will solve the problem. If not, I already picked up a used MAF from BigC's partout, so if the SES isn't gone by the time I get the part Monday I'll try swapping that.

Thanks again for the help! Despite the troubles (admittedly self-inflicted) I really do love this car and the G35Driver community, not to mention all the looks from adoring fans :P

Old 11-25-2015, 05:14 PM
I called the dealer and they suggested it could be my fob. I don't know if the fob could send a partial signal to lock the door but not activate the alarm or chirp the horn, but it would also make sense those features would be disabled when the car is running.

They suggested I remove the fob battery and see if it still happens, but seeing as this is an intermittent problem, I may never know if has really gone away. I bought a spare fob on amazon a while back for ~$10 so I'll probably switch to that for the next few months and see if I continue to notice the problem.

I'll update if the problem persists or it doesn't come back in the next week or so.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:38 AM
It is officially not the key fob. The problem seemed to stop after taking the fob apart once, but it started up again today, and didn't stop after removing the battery from the fob.

Damn.