Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Any ideas...how to remove cigarette smell from my G's interior

Old 05-01-2016, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any ideas...how to remove cigarette smell from my G's interior

I bought my G last summer... there was a hint of cigarette smoke and I'd figured it would fade away...well... I got it out of storage and after sealed up all winter and it smells worse than before. Anybody have some possible solutions.... never had a car with leather interior

Old 05-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
wipe down everything. fabreeze all fabrics/carpets. and use a leather cleaner/conditioner on all leather parts. and change the in-cabin air filter.

if that doesnt work not sure what else.

maybe leave your windows open for a while.

Old 05-02-2016, 11:49 AM
Received 96 Likes on 63 Posts
Have a detail shop with an Ozone machine do it. Place an Ozone machine in there with windows up for about 30 minutes and you will never smell another hint of it after that.

Old 06-30-2016, 03:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the same issue with my G when I bought it. Previous owner tried to cover it up with a million different little air fresheners hidden all around the car.

Step 1: Take the interior out. Take out the front seats, take out the carpet, take out the foam chunks that are between the carpet and floor. Clean the leather seats with leather cleaner and then condition them. Do a carpet shampoo with a Bissel carpet cleaner and then vacuum. Vacuum out the floor of the car and all areas you can reach. Clean the floor of the car with a degreaser spray and paper towel. (The cigarette ash is going to seep through the carpet and collect on the floor of the vehicle)

Step 2: Replace your in cabin air filter. If smoke gets sucked into that filter, then every time you turn on your A/C it's going to blow smoke smell out of your air vents and all over the car again. I found a replacement filter with the Arm & Hammer baking soda additive for smell absorption. Same way an open box of baking soda in your fridge works.To get to the in cabin air filter you have to take the glove box out. It's pretty easy if you've already got the front seats removed.

Step 3: Let everything air out and dry for the afternoon.

Step 4: Put it all back together.

Besides a couple of tiny cigarette burns in the A-pillar, you wouldn't even know my car was smoked in. I have a very sensitive nose to cigarette smoke and I can attest to the smell being completely gone after doing this.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try coffee beans or coffee ground place in there for about 1 hour.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:18 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by infinitidude
Have a detail shop with an Ozone machine do it. Place an Ozone machine in there with windows up for about 30 minutes and you will never smell another hint of it after that.
This ^ is the answer to your question! Everything else just masks the smell, Ozone machine removes it! Once removed your interior will just smell like your after shave!
Gary