Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Aftermarket Seats and Airbags??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 10:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aftermarket Seats and Airbags??

What's up fellas,

I know this topic has been talked about before but I am still confused about the SRS after the OEM seats are replaced.

I plan on using a Bride Stradia II for my driver seat and Bride Digo II for the passenger. I'm actually just waiting on the rails to get here since they had to be special ordered. I am also going to be using Schroth Rallye 4 ASM harnesses for both driver and passenger. I will be keeping the oem seatbelt just in case I have people in the back seat (G35 Coupe).

As far as I know, a 2.2ohm resistor on the driver side will get rid of the airbag light. Does that mean that my steering wheel airbag will still deploy? I am putting in a reshaped carbon oem wheel but it still has the airbag.

I saw a thread where the dude took out the weight sensor bladder from the passenger seat to trick the system. Unfortunately, I can't view the pics due to it being an old thread. Is another resistor needed for the passenger side on top of switching over the bladder? Will the dash airbag still function?

Overall, I am just concerned with safety as I do not want to have a passenger in the car and have something bad happen. I want to be able to have my bride/harness setup with functioning airbags on both sides.

Old 05-16-2016, 03:30 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Airbag system will still function if the resistor mod is done correctly. Youre basically tricking the system to think the air bags are still there so as long as you dont have an airbag system malfunction light the system is working correctly. I would just wire the passenger seat belt to think its always connected so you dont need to worry about the bladder. Its just a basic switch anyway.

Old 05-23-2016, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by nizzan4u2nv
Airbag system will still function if the resistor mod is done correctly. Youre basically tricking the system to think the air bags are still there so as long as you dont have an airbag system malfunction light the system is working correctly. I would just wire the passenger seat belt to think its always connected so you dont need to worry about the bladder. Its just a basic switch anyway.
How would I wire the passenger seatbelt like that?

Old 05-25-2016, 08:30 PM
bump