Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Help! Whats up with my bumper?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 05:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Help! Whats up with my bumper?

Hoping someone can tell me why my bumper looks like this, it's kinda hard to explain. The rear bumper doesn't match the rest of the cars silver paint. I thought maybe the guy before me replaced the bumper and painted it the wrong color code. But in some areas, it looks like the darker paint is peeling, and underneath it, there is the silver paint that actually matches the rest of the car. Anyone know why or whats going on? Its almost like a darker clear coat? Any way to remove the darker silver? Its really bugging me. Any help is appreciated as i know its kind of hard to tell in the pictures.
The peeling part where the matching silver shows is the bottom right area and top right where it connects to the body. The top middle part is just a reflection.

Old 12-17-2016, 07:02 PM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Bumper was clearly repainted and they did a poor job matching and blending it. I would check for damage under the bumper from a previous repair.

Old 12-17-2016, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by eazdaskeez
Bumper was clearly repainted and they did a poor job matching and blending it. I would check for damage under the bumper from a previous repair.
Agreed, but it's really not that bad man.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:06 AM
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
A lot of new cars come like that if you compare the bumper (plastic) to the rest (metal) its not 100% match.
Most cars not all

Old 01-25-2017, 10:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with "Urbanengineer" it's not really that bad. If you are unhappy, maybe after a good wash, clay bar, and polish might fix it.

Last edited by Nissan-V35; 01-25-2017 at 10:13 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.