Notices

Aftermarket Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Aku
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Aftermarket Seats

Few Questions on aftermarket seat installation.

1) Obviously in general when swapping in Aftermarket seats one goes from the stock power seats to manual seats. How does this affect the wiring of the seats. Obviously the 1 main connection still needed would be for the belt buckle so you don't have a dash light on.

2) My aftermarket seats are heated. How hard is it to wire up new heater mats into the stock switches in the center console? (The heats are a 2 setting Hi/Low style like OEM)

3) Brackets. I've asked around breifly and found that Wedge engineering is the place to go for brackets but it doesn't appear that the have sliders as well. I'd like to retain the ability to slide the seat fore/aft. Would be easier to just source a universal slider to mount to the wedge brackets?

If anybody has any incite on these that would be great. I know I've seen several G's on here not using stock seats and want to make this as simple and as smooth as possilbe since I'll have my seats in by the end of the week and want to start sourcing the rest of the parts to complete the install.

Thanks.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
which seats you getting?

Old 05-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Aku
Sportster CS's in Black on Black Vinyl w/ Suede inserts and heat.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:59 PM
nice, you'll prob have to get sliders through Recoro. as for wiring there's a DIY on here somewhere for the airbag bypass resister. the seat belt stays plugged in. and i've never heard of anyone doing heated aftermarket, so you'll prob have to custom wire that.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Aku
I work at Recaro... we don't make sliders that are specific to bolt into the G's, hence why I'm asking elsewehre.

I've heard that Bride makes a bracket/slider combo but can't seem to pinpoint the exact part number I'd need to order for driver/passenger, although I suppose a phone call wouldn't be all that hard to figure that out haha.

Yea I figured I'd be on my own for the heater portion. I'll have to get under the seat and see how the heater wiring is done and probably rework the body side wire harness or something. I'll make sure I post a diy on that when it gets completed.

I did a search for the air-bag light resister schematic but didn't seem to come up with anything.. Perhaps I just search failed. all I found when I searched was how to reset the airbag light using the key on/off method.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:29 PM
uh, sliders aren't specific to the cars. they bolt between the seat and the mounts

Old 05-24-2012, 02:34 PM
you have to scroll down on that thread

Old 05-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Aku
Well yes I know but I was hoping to purchase a bracket/slider set up as 1 part to just ez bolt right up. My roommate has an MK4 jetta and we make a slider set that bolts right into those cars and functions as factory and bolts to any aftermarket seat.

Thats what I was hoping fore haha. If I need to source sliders and a bracket seperate well then I will.

Also thanks for the resister thing I'll dig deeper through that thread.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aku, how did this go? I'm a little interested in trying

Old 12-03-2012, 08:34 AM
Aku
Went well.

Ended up getting a set of sliders through work since what SDGenius said above happened to be the case and then I just ordered the mounting brackets from Wedge engineering.

Name:  BE6E66CE-824F-4EF2-A8D7-F2FF65A910EE-16208-00000E5CF3C7852F.jpg
Views: 1587
Size:  274.0 KB

Old 12-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Looks good. Are you selling the stock seats?

Old 12-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Aku
Originally Posted by 05coupeDG
Looks good. Are you selling the stock seats?
I've have been going back and forth on this. I want to cuz the extra cash would be nice but then if I ever randomly do decide to sell the car I'd like to be able to swap the seats over to the new vehicle of choice so then I'd need some stock seats. But then again I can worry about that when/if that time comes.

If your interested shoot me a pm and we can talk. Stock black leather heated power seats with 49xxx miles on them

Old 12-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Aku
I've have been going back and forth on this. I want to cuz the extra cash would be nice but then if I ever randomly do decide to sell the car I'd like to be able to swap the seats over to the new vehicle of choice so then I'd need some stock seats. But then again I can worry about that when/if that time comes.

If your interested shoot me a pm and we can talk. Stock black leather heated power seats with 49xxx miles on them
Lol I wish, I have that stupid tan colour. Just was curious and I am sure they will sell asap if you put them up.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so did you take out the heating for the seats?

and i'm assuming that it's mechanical instead of electrical now?

Old 01-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Aku
The Recaro's I bought have heaters in them. I haven't wired that part up yet however.

Yes they are manual adjust now. Which is fine with me because I set the seat once and never move it anyway so manual seats don't bother me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Seats