Notices

Help. Interior help report. D:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 02:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help. Interior help report. D:

So... I need some serious help here. Uh. So I was looking to buy a G35... This car basically has every upgrade I want in it, with the exception that some ****tard decided that he wanted to destroy the G with a Goochie Interior. That's right folks. The interior... Is FULL Goochie. It has the logo all over the dash and ****. I'll post a picture. But does anyone know how much it will take to replace it to stock? Where I can get it done? PLEASE HELP. He's giving me a really good price, and if I can replace all the goochie **** that would be pristine.

IF ANYONE CAN PROVIDE ESTIMATES OR SOMETHING. That would be great.

Attached Thumbnails Help. Interior help report. D:-img_20130808_232413.jpg   Help. Interior help report. D:-img_20130808_232211.jpg  
Old 08-09-2013, 03:30 AM
Received 140 Likes on 129 Posts
W....t....f????

Old 08-09-2013, 03:34 AM
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
nope

just
nope

Old 08-09-2013, 03:41 AM
Yes. That's what I ****ing thought. Anyone know any good reupholstery places in California? The guy who ****ing did this to the G is a dumbass. Mother****er. UGH. I need help - ESTIMATES> PLEASE> D:

Old 08-09-2013, 03:50 AM
I'm looking to a dye kit or to repaint it... Does anyone have any idea how or?

Old 08-09-2013, 03:54 AM
I've actually looked at a few threads, but if anyone can compile the information quickly in a single space I'd be really happy.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
You could buy a part out interior and have a shop replace with that for MUCH cheaper then a reapolstery. That involves custom which only brings these to mind $$$$.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:59 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
You need to walk away from this G and find another. You can't just dye the headliner and seats and the dash alone is going to cost you a pretty penny to replace. I can't tell from the pic if the steering wheel has a cover on it or if he put a decal over the wheel, but got damn man, what was this idiot thinking. I do like the pleated leather on the doors but it doesn't really go with anything else in the car.

On the other hand it looks like the car has a JVC DD like mine which I love AND another unit of some sort mounted where the cubby was in the dash, carputer perhaps? I can see why you are interested, but my guess is the cost to get rid of all the BS will be pretty steep.

GL and let us know what you end up doing.

BTW I just saw the pedals in the first pic.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by d93ben
So... I need some serious help here. Uh. So I was looking to buy a G35... This car basically has every upgrade I want in it, with the exception that some ****tard decided that he wanted to destroy the G with a Goochie Interior. That's right folks. The interior... Is FULL Goochie. It has the logo all over the dash and ****. I'll post a picture. But does anyone know how much it will take to replace it to stock? Where I can get it done? PLEASE HELP. He's giving me a really good price, and if I can replace all the goochie **** that would be pristine.

IF ANYONE CAN PROVIDE ESTIMATES OR SOMETHING. That would be great.
Walk away and take a cold shower

Telcoman

Old 08-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
find a toddler, give them a black sharpie, tell them to go to town

Old 08-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
You need to walk away from this G and find another. You can't just dye the headliner and seats and the dash alone is going to cost you a pretty penny to replace. I can't tell from the pic if the steering wheel has a cover on it or if he put a decal over the wheel, but got damn man, what was this idiot thinking. I do like the pleated leather on the doors but it doesn't really go with anything else in the car.

On the other hand it looks like the car has a JVC DD like mine which I love AND another unit of some sort mounted where the cubby was in the dash, carputer perhaps? I can see why you are interested, but my guess is the cost to get rid of all the BS will be pretty steep.

GL and let us know what you end up doing.

BTW I just saw the pedals in the first pic.
The seats are fine and it is an met... But wait what's wrong with the pedals? Also how steep is the cost I love the car so much just the Gucci is retarded. And are we talking thousands or hundreds here. I just want all that Gucci **** gone.... I want to put it back to a stock tan.. Does anyone know any good places and how much would it cost to just part it out?

Old 08-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Headliner and doors are easy, any upholstery shop can do it. Price will depend on your location. Or you can recover it yourself, I'm 90% sure the Gucci fabric is just glued on there. It's how almost all shops do headliners. You can pull it and put suede or any other fabric on there. Dash is a little trickier, but any shop can do it. Steering wheel you can just swap with an OEM one, they're all over eBay. The seats were left alone so that's helpful.

Probably under $1k to do it all if you shop around. Maybe negotiate with the seller to drop the price to compensate, but he may find it insulting that you don't love his "masterpiece".

Old 08-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How much is he selling this for

Old 08-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
An interior shop can fix this for around a grand. For new pieces it all depends if you can find them used or not. Easy swaps though.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
...this can't be real. Right? AMIRITE?!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help. Interior help report. D: