Notices

Carbon fiber rear seat delete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 10:45 AM
Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by sick_sixspeed
So you basically want to turn the back seat of your luxury sports car into a fancy version of a back seat in a police vehicle?!

Here's an idea!

Create a carbon fiber mold for the inside roof panel and I'll be first in line to place an order.

Already thought of this one. Can't be done without doing it in 2 pieces. I've been working on a lot of things.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:35 PM
Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts
G35 Coupe
I don't really post on here as much anymore so there haven't been any updates. I posted some stuff I'm working on below, but generally I just don't think most people on the forum are interested about performance/engineering or development of the car anymore, so I just do it for my own enjoyment. If anyone is interested in weight loss or aero you can PM me.

For those that are a bit interested I've been mostly developing the front aero and the splitter instead of the rear seat delete. I'm mostly now trying to get rid of the turbulent airflow on the outer edges of the splitter (in front of the wheels). The original Amuse design I based my splitter on was very poor in this regard and left a lot to be desired in terms of downforce in general. Once I work out the final design and improve its pitch sensitivity as well as decide on what vortex generators to use to improve boundary layer control I'll make a plug for a CF version.

Here's some pics I saved from the dozen or so splitter development vids I took:
Carbon fiber rear seat delete-i7v9dya.png
Carbon fiber rear seat delete-gyzrw4c.png
Carbon fiber rear seat delete-lvmauan.jpg

As far as weight loss; Im now using a new seat that's even lighter than my old Porsche GT3 reps:

Carbon fiber rear seat delete-kvdminu.jpg

Old 12-21-2015, 09:05 AM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
Damn that looks...comfortable

Old 12-21-2015, 09:30 AM
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by VenomGT9
Damn that looks...comfortable
haha, yes i know what you mean. It's why I got only one at first, but surprisingly it's much more comfortable than my GT3 reps and now i'm looking for a deal on a 2nd one.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:32 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by Row2k
I don't really post on here as much anymore so there haven't been any updates. I posted some stuff I'm working on below, but generally I just don't think most people on the forum are interested about performance/engineering or development of the car anymore, so I just do it for my own enjoyment. If anyone is interested in weight loss or aero you can PM me.

For those that are a bit interested I've been mostly developing the front aero and the splitter instead of the rear seat delete. I'm mostly now trying to get rid of the turbulent airflow on the outer edges of the splitter (in front of the wheels). The original Amuse design I based my splitter on was very poor in this regard and left a lot to be desired in terms of downforce in general. Once I work out the final design and improve its pitch sensitivity as well as decide on what vortex generators to use to improve boundary layer control I'll make a plug for a CF version.

Here's some pics I saved from the dozen or so splitter development vids I took:

As far as weight loss; Im now using a new seat that's even lighter than my old Porsche GT3 reps:

where in NJ are you?

Old 12-21-2015, 10:08 AM
Received 820 Likes on 595 Posts
Jersey will try to rape you.

Old 12-21-2015, 02:32 PM
G35 Coupe
I'm in northeast jersey; belleville, nutley area.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:57 PM
Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts
Row. .interesting project ideas. This thread has been entertaining. I also was looking at ideas on the gt3 rep seats, and basically doing like a 911RS America sort of theme, door panels shaved..etc.. but I have too many other projects going and will most likely never work on it. Anyway..nice work on your personal vehicle.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:05 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
I made a carbon fiber oil plug...and a CF buttplug for jersey.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:23 AM
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Shanes_G
Jersey will try to rape you.
You made me spit my drink out on my laptop with this comment

Old 12-22-2015, 09:49 AM
Received 820 Likes on 595 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
I made a carbon fiber oil plug...and a CF buttplug for jersey.

Pics installed?

The following users liked this post:
VenomGT9 (12-22-2015)
Old 12-22-2015, 09:58 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by Shanes_G
Pics installed?
Carbon fiber rear seat delete-ybccvzj.gif

Old 12-22-2015, 10:54 AM
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by EPiK
Row. .interesting project ideas. This thread has been entertaining. I also was looking at ideas on the gt3 rep seats, and basically doing like a 911RS America sort of theme, door panels shaved..etc.. but I have too many other projects going and will most likely never work on it. Anyway..nice work on your personal vehicle.
Love the 911RS America, such a cool car.

I'll be honest, I was really excited about the Rottecc gt3 reps when I got them, they looked very sexy out of the box with the CF shell. Then when I installed them and actually drove in them...oh boy...just horrible, super uncomfortable. I wasted hours of my free time re-shuffling and re-adjusting the foam pad thickness and shape. Eventually ended up completely tearing them down and rebuilding the foam from SunMate orthopedic memory foam just to make them livable and in the end they still were uncomfortable for anything more than an hour in the car. I finally tossed in the towel and sold them. Wasted soooo much time.

Brings up a good point though about modding cars in general. It's pretty easy to install a part, but then often times there are compromises or issues that come up and trying to work around them turns out to take tons of time. I'm facing just that scenario with some Moonface roll center adjusters I ended up having to replace...another expensive lesson.

Name:  20130717_221621_zpsbd98df29.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  52.8 KB

Old 12-22-2015, 10:53 PM
Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts
Mind if I ask what approximate measurements you are? i'm 5'10" 165lbs for reference. Wondering if we would have the same experience with seating position/comfort.

those seats look excellent.. i like the look of the cushion cross hatching.

for now i'll just work on the tuning and reliability of the car. about to buy a final few more parts and then etune the osiris. once that is complete then i may mess around a bit with a theme on the car, or i may just drive and enjoy it as is and finally finish one of my other cars.. who knows.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:14 AM
G35 Coupe
I'm 6'1 185lbs, My biggest complaint with the gt3 seats was that the transition between the top removable cross stitched cushion and the top section of the seat (where the shoulder belt holes are) was not very smooth both due to the uneven foam and the back of the shell having some odd angles up there. I am relatively tall and that transition was sitting right around the bottom of my shoulder blade. Additionally I have a broad back and the shoulder supports of the seat would "push" my shoulders inwards so that my entire back would feel like it's being cupped a bit too much inwards. I constantly adjusted the foam, but eventually gave up.

The nice thing about the Tillett seat is that although it has much less cushioning it doesn't hold you by using your shoulders or forcing your back to arch in any odd way. If you look at the picture of the Tillett the top part of the seat has no shoulder "arms" that hold around you. Instead the seat holds you around your torso and that ends up being sooo much more comfortable over a longer driving session.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon fiber rear seat delete