Notices

Anyone tried Permatex brand contact cement, to secure sagging leather on door panel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 08:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone tried Permatex brand contact cement, to secure sagging leather on door panel?

So I too have the sagging/falling leather symptom...😮 lucky for me the previous owner didn't make any attempts to resecure it. So I've read through what seems like at least a hundred threads trying to narrow down the necessary course of action. Almost every thread relating to this subject are simply "what should i use?" or "I just pulled the material completely off". My panel is in fantastic shape, removing that nice upholstery is definitely not an option for me. Spray adhesive seems like too much extra work for not much gain. So i stumbled on Permatex brand contact cement. It's a neoprene based cement, will flex some, but product details insist it makes a permanent bond, if applied correctly. Resistant to water and heat, and makes a superior bond with plastic, metal, glass, and also leather. We've all heard of this brand and most of its have actually used their products. They have quite a history in automotive adhesive, gasket making compounds, cleaners, etc. I've already purchased a 1.5oz tube and now I'm patiently waiting for my work week to end so i can get my door panel back to luxurious.
Any members have thoughts on the said company, their products or has any member(s) used this product for this job?
Feedback is appreciated...