Notices

Cellphone Holder/Charger/Bluetooth Music

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cellphone Holder/Charger/Bluetooth Music

Ok, so I've had my '08 G35 for almost 3 years now and I love it. However, I've always wanted to be able to play music from my phone through the stereo via Bluetooth. While the car does support Bluetooth for voice it won't for music. Plus, I wanted a place to put my phone that wouldn't interfere with wanting to carry a couple bottles of water in the already pathetic cup holder area. I didn't want to use anything that attached to the vents or the CD player as I didn't want to damage anything.

I don't use the ashtray and I previously used that receptacle to build a mount for my Garmin GPS since I don't have NAV. That has worked out very well. So I thought I'd make one for my phone. Also, I found that I could get a Bluetooth adapter on Amazon for about 15 bucks that would interface to the AUX inputs in the console box. As I was designing this thing in my mind, I thought... the other thing that is a pain is charging the phone. I hate plugging and unplugging it every time I was running around to several places. My phone has Qi charging and I use that at home and have become spoiled. I only plug it in to sync it with my computer. Anyway, I had an old Qi charging pad, an old vent mount cellphone holder and some scrap wood. I McGyver'd the crap out of it and I gotta say it works really well.

The music plays fine through the adapter. (You DO have to turn in on every time you want to use it). The holder itself is great. I think I would have made it just a bit shorter as my leg rests pretty close to it, but I wanted all of the car controls to be accessible. Now it is great to be able to just slap the phone in and go and it is automatically charged.

I've included a pic of the Garmin GPS holder I previously built.

Attached Thumbnails Cellphone Holder/Charger/Bluetooth Music-finished-cellphone-holder.jpg   Cellphone Holder/Charger/Bluetooth Music-cellphone-holder-1.jpg   Cellphone Holder/Charger/Bluetooth Music-cellphone-holder-2.jpg   Cellphone Holder/Charger/Bluetooth Music-cellphone-holder-3.jpg   Cellphone Holder/Charger/Bluetooth Music-cellphone-holder-4.jpg  

Cellphone Holder/Charger/Bluetooth Music-cellphone-holder-5.jpg   Cellphone Holder/Charger/Bluetooth Music-cellphone-holder-6.jpg   Cellphone Holder/Charger/Bluetooth Music-cellphone-holder-7.jpg   Cellphone Holder/Charger/Bluetooth Music-aukey-bluetooth-receiver.jpg   Cellphone Holder/Charger/Bluetooth Music-20130930_123409.jpg