Notices

2007 G35s Interior Trim Woes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 G35s Interior Trim Woes

I have the dreaded 2007 Interior Trim Peeling so common with 2007's, and I'm obviously way out of warranty.

I have yet to see anyone with the issue I'm having on the shift bezel - it's bubbling up - anyone else run into this one? I also haven't seen anyone talk about the shift **** itself being so beat up - but it seems all the used ones I've been looking at, seem to have this issue too - are the replacements just as bad?

My question is, if you have replaced yours, where did you buy the pieces from? The dealer seems a bit steep, but I'm a bit leary of buying them off of ebay unless you guys have a recommendation. I've heard of people using ebay sellers, but I haven't heard how well they've held up over time.

Thanks for any help!

Attached Thumbnails 2007 G35s Interior Trim Woes-bubbledshiftbezel.jpg   2007 G35s Interior Trim Woes-armresttrimpeeling.jpg   2007 G35s Interior Trim Woes-beatupshiftknob.jpg   2007 G35s Interior Trim Woes-steeringwheeltrimpeeling.jpg  
Old 01-29-2017, 12:38 AM
New to Forum. Just got my 2006 G35 Coupe

Old 01-29-2017, 02:33 AM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Brucelee54
lol.....

Old 01-29-2017, 11:18 AM
My Bad new user. Trying to post some where else.

My Bad new user. Trying to post some where else.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:39 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TCARPENTER67
I have the dreaded 2007 Interior Trim Peeling so common with 2007's, and I'm obviously way out of warranty.

I have yet to see anyone with the issue I'm having on the shift bezel - it's bubbling up - anyone else run into this one? I also haven't seen anyone talk about the shift **** itself being so beat up - but it seems all the used ones I've been looking at, seem to have this issue too - are the replacements just as bad?

My question is, if you have replaced yours, where did you buy the pieces from? The dealer seems a bit steep, but I'm a bit leary of buying them off of ebay unless you guys have a recommendation. I've heard of people using ebay sellers, but I haven't heard how well they've held up over time.

Thanks for any help!
Any luck finding replacement parts? My doors and steering wheel have the same issue.

Old 10-29-2018, 04:39 PM
Yeah its a damn shame these "premium" vehicles are not built with the interior quality they should have. I guess thats the reason they are such great deals in the used car market. I have personally removed the armrests both passenger and driverside, sanded them down until they are even, put a primer, then used bedliner and sprayed clear coat over that. That matched well for me and the rest of my black interior. For the steering wheel I actually just accepted that it was peeling and peeled carefully a lot of the black trim (which comes off easily with fingernail) and peeled it in straight lines to have clean look. It looks much cleaner now, good luck!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.