Japan 日本 Tokyo, Yokohama, Osaka, Ginza, etc.

G35 to JDM land

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 08:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey I was just wondering, can you tell me what the average mileages you see on G's there ?

I'm looking to buy one here is Aussie land but all our imports are really low k's, like 2005 model years have 16,000 km on them, is that normal for Japan as far as you know ?

I really dont see how someone can drive 16K in 3 years.

Just wondering what your opinion on that is.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
I had a 280Z and blew the motor... my mechanic installed a "low mileage" engine from Japan... he explained that most cars in Japan are driven hard and that they replace cars before they see the kind of mileage we (US) usually get before replacing... I don’t know how true this is - but for years I've always heard of people getting low mileage engines from Japan...

Old 09-08-2008, 11:38 PM
hey bro just curious, since you are in JDM land how come not rock some bad a$$ wheels? not that your are bad but i would if i was you have some limited edition wheels that would make the guys state side drool. and a drop like no other. DOET NOW!

Old 09-09-2008, 12:50 AM
^^^ that reminds me... how much are 19" Volk CE28Ns there?...

I'm not trying to get you to score some for me (I already got them)... I'm just wondering how much cheaper they are there... and if there is a wait to get them?

Old 09-11-2008, 06:50 AM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by kavehman
Hey I was just wondering, can you tell me what the average mileages you see on G's there ?

I'm looking to buy one here is Aussie land but all our imports are really low k's, like 2005 model years have 16,000 km on them, is that normal for Japan as far as you know ?

I really dont see how someone can drive 16K in 3 years.

Just wondering what your opinion on that is.
All cars in Japan have low miles. Most people use the train system to get to work. Cars are a luxury here. With gas being $7 a gallon and if you hop on the highway you will pay 10~20 bucks for a 10~30 min drive. It just isn't worth it for most folks here.

Originally Posted by SIN3
hey bro just curious, since you are in JDM land how come not rock some bad a$$ wheels? not that your are bad but i would if i was you have some limited edition wheels that would make the guys state side drool. and a drop like no other. DOET NOW!
I like my wheels. Plus I just got it registered. I have debt from college, eye surgery, G35, moving, etc to pay off before I can do anything else. Trust me, I have mods in store.

Originally Posted by OCG35
^^^ that reminds me... how much are 19" Volk CE28Ns there?...

I'm not trying to get you to score some for me (I already got them)... I'm just wondering how much cheaper they are there... and if there is a wait to get them?
Honestly it will probably cost more to buy them here. Most items are more expensive here.

Case in point.
JDM G35 Sedan taillights are $320 at Riverside Infiniti. At every Nissan dealership here it is ~$800 I don't know how the math works out, but they are robbing us out here.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:47 AM
did you get rocked by the earthquake(s)?...

Old 09-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by psedog
All cars in Japan have low miles. Most people use the train system to get to work. Cars are a luxury here. With gas being $7 a gallon and if you hop on the highway you will pay 10~20 bucks for a 10~30 min drive. It just isn't worth it for most folks here.

I like my wheels. Plus I just got it registered. I have debt from college, eye surgery, G35, moving, etc to pay off before I can do anything else. Trust me, I have mods in store.

Honestly it will probably cost more to buy them here. Most items are more expensive here.

Case in point.
JDM G35 Sedan taillights are $320 at Riverside Infiniti. At every Nissan dealership here it is ~$800 I don't know how the math works out, but they are robbing us out here.

Go to the 2nd hand performance parts shops. Most item there were barely used. My friends told me that most Japanese people buy stuff to just to have first. Here a example they give me. Lets say that Volks just release a new design rims called GT-A, and they a week later Work also releases a design called VS-ZZ. Han-san would buy the GT-A's and sell them to buy the VS-ZZ's a week later.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Littering and...
Bump this thread.

So I started taking apart my G to part out. I still owe on the car, but I figured if I sell the parts, take what I am spending a month on insurance/payment/gas(esp now), I can save a lot more towards buying a R34 when I am over there.

How do you like it so far?

Old 09-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
My car is officially registered now
It has been raining almost everyday since I received my plates, so I haven't gotten any pictures yet.
According to Yahoo weather, it is going to rain all weekend as well, boo
http://uk.weather.yahoo.com/JAXX/JAXX0099/index_c.html

I'll give a complete price breakdown in a few days. I have it written on quite a few different pieces of paper.

Originally Posted by OCG35
did you get rocked by the earthquake(s)?...
I remember feeling a couple of tremors but that is about it. I feel those all the time.
Originally Posted by citymunky
Go to the 2nd hand performance parts shops. Most item there were barely used. My friends told me that most Japanese people buy stuff to just to have first. Here a example they give me. Lets say that Volks just release a new design rims called GT-A, and they a week later Work also releases a design called VS-ZZ. Han-san would buy the GT-A's and sell them to buy the VS-ZZ's a week later.
Yup, I need to find those shops

Originally Posted by App6MT
Bump this thread.

So I started taking apart my G to part out. I still owe on the car, but I figured if I sell the parts, take what I am spending a month on insurance/payment/gas(esp now), I can save a lot more towards buying a R34 when I am over there.

How do you like it so far?
Now is a good time to look for a R34, they are getting cheaper thanks to the R35 coming out. I was thinking about it and it wouldn't be worth it for you to import a G into Japan. It is for the military guys, since we don't have to pay for shipping and importing fees. Duty Free G

Good luck on what ever decision you make.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Yup, I need to find those shops

I'll ask my friend for some names

Old 09-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Littering and...
I'll ask my friend for some names
Please I need to start doing research

Old 09-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Littering and...
Now is a good time to look for a R34, they are getting cheaper thanks to the R35 coming out. I was thinking about it and it wouldn't be worth it for you to import a G into Japan. It is for the military guys, since we don't have to pay for shipping and importing fees. Duty Free G

Good luck on what ever decision you make.
Part of me was really envious of what you were saying about how your wife is noticing everyone staring at your car because it's LHD. But yeah, in the end it would just cost way too much money to import the G.

I probably won't buy a car for 6 or so months after I get there, so it should give me plenty of time to find the perfect one. Just have to be patient and not jump on something immediately.

But things are rolling forward with me going over there about this time next year, so hopefully everything won't get sidetracked. Should be taking JLPT4 test in December.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:55 AM
Update.
Somehow in shipping my bumper got messed up a little. Just under the side marker light it is cracked and chipped. Also the marker light is now missing a clip. It looks like they tried to steal it and when the clip fell out they got pissed. Now I have to deal with claims in Hawaii. First I have to get my car legalized though. I am driving it around with temp plates. On Monday I am heading to Tokyo near Yokota Air Force base and I have to do my emission tests.
It is a two day procedure and it will cost me about $2K. After that I have to go to yokohama and do something then I will have to mail off the paperwork that I have and pay a "Recycling" fee. Huh? I'm not recycling my car! It is my car and will be my car for a friggin' while )(@#*&%.

My insurance was ~$1800 for a 12 month policy of full coverage with a $500 deductible. This is for car insurance plus JCI (Japanese Compulsory Insurance). I honestly have no clue why that second one exists, but all cars have to pay it every 1 or 2 years.

It is funny, I have seen more V36 Skylines here than V35. Honestly, the Fuga (M35/45) is more popular than our car. At least it makes me pretty unique. I get stares everywhere I go. It helps that I"m driving on the wrong side of the car
yeah i just went to japan in may, and i only saw 2 350gts. Then i did see the **** load of fugas, and some bad *** lambos and ferraris. u should take some pics and show how crazy their parking skills r

Old 09-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by App6MT
Please I need to start doing research
  1. Parts Off
  2. Up Garage

Here's a Video I found on YouTube

Old 09-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Littering and...
  1. Parts Off
  2. Up Garage

Here's a Video I found on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY1l55tqEJ0
THANKS!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 to JDM land