Notices

2003 HID headlight problem/question, please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Received 354 Likes on 214 Posts
im having bulb issues

Old 04-14-2012, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am having similar problems with my headlights the light will just go out i turn it off back on it works i replaced the ballast on it still doing same thing so i guess it would be the bulb i have stock hid bulbs now but i want get the 6k or 8k can i just get the bulb and it work fine with the stock lights ballast. i have 03 g35 coupe would these work

http://www.highperformancebulbs.com/hipexed2r43h.html

Old 06-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am having same problem with my driver side headlight flickers then goes out does it even if car not running I replaced headlights didn't help. Replaced the ballast with oem one help for a few weeks and started up again. so I guessing ballast any1 recommend a good aftermarket ballast that will hopefully last.

Old 07-29-2018, 10:31 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wanted to give cause maybe a fix

Originally Posted by brewcrew1982
My passenger side HID headlamp will flicker or go out sometimes if i hit a bump or hit the headlight housing with my hand. If i turn the headlights off and then back on, the passenger one comes back on every time.

The light always turns back on by just turning them off and on. Once its out, tapping the headlight or wiggling the wires won't do anything. the only way to get it to turn on again is to just switch the lights off and back on. Makes me think its not just a bad connection, but i dont really know too much about this type of stuff.

Anyone know what is wrong or have any suggestions?

Thanks!!
too.

I wanted to add my input here. I had perfectly working headlights before my very small problem of pulling a little to far into a parking spot. I was not slamming my car into the space but with how low our cars are and how high these "bumper stops" are the collision was going to be unforgiving in any matter if I did not stop before bumper stop in that space. Needless to say I hit that bumper stop and with hitting that bumper stop my driver side hid light flickered and died and will not do anything but flicker once turned on. All other lights were unaffected. I got out to inspect damage thinking it was maybe just a little bump like always but nope. I cracked my lower bumper all the way up to the fender, all the fasteners snapped but 2 or 3 left holding my bumper together but still compromised. Anyway strange thing is the crack and main impact spot was on passenger side not driver side. I looked under the front lip and discovered that the wiring runs along lower radiator to reach drivers side in a sort of daisy chain. All the wires looked ok but that wiring was tugged on a little to hard damaging ballast. I know I have not replaced it yet but it is the ballast because it's the only thing that was tugged on hard by the wires. The wires were undamaged but the mounting points leading to ballast were damaged. I do know those electronics within the ballast are very sensitive and says do not drop right on the tag. Good thing is the ballast will be easier to replace. I'll keep all up to date but I'm pretty darn sure of this.