Notices

03 G35 Headlight replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 03:49 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll help ya out one more time lol. Found these on craigslist in HOUSTON (which is where I live). Let me make this clear though...I know NOTHING about these headlights! I don't know if they are OEM or aftermarket or ANYTHING. They just look like they are in decent shape from the pics. It's up to you to contact him, find out about the lights and see if he'll ship...or whatever you wanna do with the info. Cheers.

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/4727555367.html

Here's one more set in the Houston area but it states "pick up only".

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/4722296898.html

The following users liked this post:
Wakacha (10-29-2014)
Old 10-29-2014, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go to walmart/autozone/O'rielly's wherever you like, and get 3M headlight restoration. It's clear your head lights right up. about $20.

Or similar, do all the wet sanding as mentioned before.

I used the 3M on Porsche, Mercedes, Infiniti, Dodge, Works great every time.

Old 10-29-2014, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Gdirtyfive55
Yeah, I read the whole thread and it just looks like an excuse to whine. Just get the aftermarkets. Whether you like them or not its not gonna change the price of the OEMS. Yeah, it sucks, but buying imported 'luxury' labels has never been cheap. Sorry to sound like a d!ck, I'm just saying, you've already explored all the options, so just buy the lights.

Or alternatively, you can sell your car for "X" amount of dollars, buy an 89 Toyota Camry and save a ton of money on headlights. Just not sure what your expecting to find when you've already gone thru all of the options. If you've got time, just wait for a set to go on sale here or eBay if you MUST have OEM, and just duct tape a flashlight to the side missing the light.
I am not saying I am not willing to put any money into this G dirty and I would appreciate if you were not such an A$$hol3 about it (although that flashlight comment made me laugh). I don't know that I have explored ALL options which is why I am posting here (obviously). It is not an excuse to whine, I was hoping for an opportunity to learn, isn't that the purpose of this site and specifically this section?

I find it hard to believe there is absolutely no other options. I don't mind buying aftermarket if they are decent but everyone says they are ****, I don't know if these people are just the best or nothing snobs or if its legit garbage. Hence why I am looking for useful feedback and not sarcastic and demeaning comments. But thanks for coming out

Old 10-29-2014, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by G-RYDE
I'll help ya out one more time lol. Found these on craigslist in HOUSTON (which is where I live). Let me make this clear though...I know NOTHING about these headlights! I don't know if they are OEM or aftermarket or ANYTHING. They just look like they are in decent shape from the pics. It's up to you to contact him, find out about the lights and see if he'll ship...or whatever you wanna do with the info. Cheers.

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/4727555367.html

Here's one more set in the Houston area but it states "pick up only".

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/4722296898.html
Thank you, this is useful info, take note Gdirty ^^^ thats what not being a dick looks like.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wakacha
Thank you, this is useful info, take note Gdirty ^^^ thats what not being a dick looks like.
I think Gdirty has some pent up frustrations from the Facebook pages and it's coming out on here LOL! I would MUCH rather answer a question and/or help someone here than on the ridiculous Facebook pages. Those things are total garbage. Complete idiots on there. But in any case, all of your options regarding headlights for a sedan have pretty much been explained now. Up to you what you choose to do.

That being said, the vast majority of people feel as though the aftermarket/ebay lights are complete junk, especially when it comes to light output. I'd just look for an OEM replacement for whichever side you need. Doesn't matter if it has the bulb & ballast b/c you can swap those from your original. Clean one (or both lenses) and be done with it. Or get a retrofit set. Or get an ebay set. Either way...those are pretty much your options.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:53 PM
ok thanks G-ryde

Old 10-29-2014, 10:06 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Hey, look, man I didn't mean to come off as such a d!ck. This site just gets frustrating with so many of the same questions. I know you're just looking for an answer to your problem, not trying to get bitched at by me. I'm sorry. As far as a real answer is concerned, I would just keep an eye out for some used ones on this forum. I see them posted here fairly often if you don't need them super quick.

The following users liked this post:
Wakacha (10-30-2014)
Old 10-30-2014, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Gdirtyfive55
Hey, look, man I didn't mean to come off as such a d!ck. This site just gets frustrating with so many of the same questions. I know you're just looking for an answer to your problem, not trying to get bitched at by me. I'm sorry. As far as a real answer is concerned, I would just keep an eye out for some used ones on this forum. I see them posted here fairly often if you don't need them super quick.

No worries bro. I will watch on here for people selling thanks.