The M-Spot For General discussion of the M35/M45

In the market for a New car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile In the market for a New car...

As the title says, I am in the market for a new car, Im planning to buy in December. The infiniti M happens to be one of the models that is on my list with others such as the new BMW 3 coupe, 5 series, g35c, and lexus GS. I was wondering what the advantages of the M45 are over the M35? From reading some of the posts, the MPG or fuel efficiency is very close, off by a few MPG, but that is just on paper. How do these numbers compare in real life driving? The gas prices in CA are insane, but if the 35 and 45 are so close, might of as well get the 45 for the extra power. Im also leaning toward the sport models of the M35 and 45, are the regular models any quiter and smotther than the sport? Also, is the 45 any quiter than the 35 (road, wind, engine noise), I would assume the larger engine would make it a little quiter? Lastly, the most important question, how much faster does the 45 feel compared to the 35? Im going to go for some test drives next week myself, just thought I might be able to get some Q's answered before then. I know this post was loaded with questions, just trying to do as much research as I can, the M forums aren't nearly as active as the G ones. Thanks in advance for any feed back!

Last edited by kyazh; 05-02-2006 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:25 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by kyazh
As the title says, I am in the market for a new car, Im planning to buy in December. The infiniti M happens to be one of the models that is on my list with others such as the new BMW 3 coupe, 5 series, g35c, and lexus GS. I was wondering what the advantages of the M45 are over the M35? From reading some of the posts, the MPG or fuel efficiency is very close, off by a few MPG, but that is just on paper. How do these numbers compare in real life driving? The gas prices in CA are insane, but if the 35 and 45 are so close, might of as well get the 45 for the extra power. Im also leaning toward the sport models of the M35 and 45, are the regular models any quiter and smotther than the sport? Also, is the 45 any quiter than the 35 (road, wind, engine noise), I would assume the larger engine would make it a little quiter? Lastly, the most important question, how much faster does the 45 feel compared to the 35? Im going to go for some test drives next week myself, just thought I might be able to get some Q's answered before then. I know this post was loaded with questions, just trying to do as much research as I can, the M forums aren't nearly as active as the G ones. Thanks in advance for any feed back!
Yikes, I missed your post Kyazh........ , my bad.

The V-8 has power and torque to spare..... , I love it. The 35 is good in itself, but lugging around the extra 500 lbs slows it a little.

After your test drives, I'm assuming you know the differences now...
Can't comment of the difference in quietness ..... I would say the M is quieter than the G-sedan and G-coupe, tho, and as well the Sport is not quite as smooth as the non-sport but that's the price of performance.

Let us all know what your opinions are after your test drives.
G/L
C.

Old 06-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Omi
Charter Monkey Florida G35 club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I drove the M35 sport only and loved it! I did go for a ride in the M45 non-sport that a friend of mine bought and it is a little quieter, but like Colin said, that is the tradeoff vs performance. The non-sport has more body roll on turns and is softer. The one thing I wish the Sport model had is the sunscreen that rolls up in the rear window. That is a feature only on the non-sport if you get the extra package. The 35 also gets about 18mpg average City/Hwy. I have a Toyota Prius as welll, so that is the other thing that is constantly on my mind nowadays with the price of gas. It is a fantastic car, you will love it! Just don't buy the Midnight Blue!

Old 07-09-2006, 12:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just to conclude this thread, I got a g35 sedan. Reasons being...

1. Got into a car accident and totaled my car
2. M was out of the price range for now, and it was too big
3. G was faster and I liked the performance better
4. Why I didnt get a coupe?.... insurance would have been up in the sky since the accident was 100% my fault
5. I got a 24 month lease... with plans of getting the new G35coupe or BMW 335 coupe, after I'm done with this one.

Old 07-10-2006, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrat's on the new car bro, I love the way you're breaking her in though