Got some new wheels. What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got some new wheels. What do you guys think?

After weeks of looking i really wanted the 19" v710's but being a student i didn't really have the money for new tires plus the extra cost of the vmr's so i settled on these. My old wheels were the stock 18's. Just about everyone that has seen it likes them better and says they look "sportier". I have mixed emotions, I like the design but thinking i should have gotten a lighter color. What do you guys think?

Old 11-16-2013, 06:09 PM
I like it.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:14 PM
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
If I stare at it long enough, I start to question whether or not I like it. Initial reaction is looks good.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
I kind of feel the same but might be the tires that are making me feel that way...need lower profile IMO.

What size are those? 18? Stock suspension?

Old 11-17-2013, 09:32 PM
yeah man 18's with stock suspension. I have though about getting H-techs but not sure if it would change much.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:50 PM
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Cool man, I like them and think the color goes well with paint. I'm saving up for coils but hear the H-techs are good for a moderate drop.

The following users liked this post:
Austin8868 (11-18-2013)
Old 11-19-2013, 01:42 AM
Received 76 Likes on 65 Posts
Yeah, the reason it looks a little off in my opinion is that the rest of your car is completey stock. Definately spend $50 on some clear corners and wheel black, and then lower your car. This will make the car look more "put together". I think that the rims are cool looking, and that the color is fine, the problem is that it doesn't appear to be "completed" if you know what i mean. Just kinda like you threw on some wheels. You've got a nice dark tint which ties in your wheels to your car though. So, overall not a bad start just keep it up. For less than $500 you could have a really nice lookin G, keep it up! Oh yeah, try to stay away from bringing attention to your brakes when they are stock, get some used Akebonos or Brembos and then paint 'em red!

Old 11-19-2013, 02:21 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I like it, put those mud guards back on.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:29 AM
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
the wheels are fine. I agree with Ogee that the only reason it seems a little off is b/c the rest of your car is stock. Painted calipers are not popular on the forums. You need an aftermarket front bumper, side skirt, clear corners when you go for aftermarket wheels, or at least a drop. Consider it a work in progress.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:00 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
I definatly do not like. They look like cheap autozone/ebay wheels. Would have looked much better to just get OEM 19s (not to mention lighter and safer).

Old 11-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by jomamahama
the wheels are fine. I agree with Ogee that the only reason it seems a little off is b/c the rest of your car is stock. Painted calipers are not popular on the forums. You need an aftermarket front bumper, side skirt, clear corners when you go for aftermarket wheels, or at least a drop. Consider it a work in progress.
Originally Posted by Ogee
Yeah, the reason it looks a little off in my opinion is that the rest of your car is completey stock. Definately spend $50 on some clear corners and wheel black, and then lower your car. This will make the car look more "put together". I think that the rims are cool looking, and that the color is fine, the problem is that it doesn't appear to be "completed" if you know what i mean. Just kinda like you threw on some wheels. You've got a nice dark tint which ties in your wheels to your car though. So, overall not a bad start just keep it up. For less than $500 you could have a really nice lookin G, keep it up! Oh yeah, try to stay away from bringing attention to your brakes when they are stock, get some used Akebonos or Brembos and then paint 'em red!
Yeah I've figured that out in my time here ha.. It was something i first did when i first got the car. Still looks better than what it did before imo.. Ill save up some money and start with the clear corners and new springs to drop it. Thanks for the tips guys!

Old 11-21-2013, 03:58 PM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I definatly do not like. They look like cheap autozone/ebay wheels. Would have looked much better to just get OEM 19s (not to mention lighter and safer).
but xxrs are mad dope dawg

Old 11-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
i agree...should have went with a lighter color. With a dark wheel, all the contrast and detail you want simply gets lost.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
The XXR's are fine. Don't let any fellas here give you a hard time about it. Professional race teams use this very wheel in rally cross.
Are you beginning to like them any better? I love the style! I agree with the mild drop comments, but you may have the same kind of roads I do which makes lowering impractical.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by kevvsworld
The XXR's are fine. Don't let any fellas here give you a hard time about it. Professional race teams use this very wheel in rally cross.
Are you beginning to like them any better? I love the style! I agree with the mild drop comments, but you may have the same kind of roads I do which makes lowering impractical.
No rally car would use cheap cast wheels. They would shatter on the first bump.

The following users liked this post:
thegreatkwijibo (11-22-2013)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got some new wheels. What do you guys think?