can somebody help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 08:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can somebody help?

I need help! I had a very small leak from my right side power steering boot so u tightened the clamp back up and it fixed the leak then my bolt wasn't all the tightened down so I got it back tight now my steering feels sticky and like I'm driving a big truck it got hard someone help me please?

Old 04-29-2015, 09:29 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by bmadison20
I need help! I had a very small leak from my right side power steering boot so u tightened the clamp back up and it fixed the leak then my bolt wasn't all the tightened down so I got it back tight now my steering feels sticky and like I'm driving a big truck it got hard someone help me please?
Did you check the power steering fluid level? Low fluid would make your steering feel like you describe! You may need a new rack, if it's leaking the seals may be shot!
Gary

Old 04-29-2015, 09:35 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Check your fluid levels. Like gary said, if you have a leak your seal are probably bad. It would be far cheaper to replace rack now before it gets worse. If it keeps leaking, you will end up burning up your pump, then have to replace that along with the rack.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guy it was the rack and pinion ��

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.