g35joe Stance Build Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g35joe Stance Build Thread

Hey Guys, My name is Joe and I purchased my G35 Coupe back on August 7th 2015. A little background information, I am a first year college student fresh out of high school. I started saving for this car 6 months before and didn't spend a dime (luckily i had some support from my parents). After selling my previous car to my brother I was up to about 7,000 but I knew this still wouldn't be enough if I wanted a Clean title with low miles. That's when I decided to take out a loan and purchase this gorgeous 2006 Infiniti G35 for $12,000. The previous owner had nerve issues and with the stiff suspension couldn't drive a manual transmission anymore. Before I bought the car It recently had the clutch replaced, oil changed, brand new Toyo proxes, and a fresh detail all around. This G came with black interior, bose stereo, and my favorite navigation! I have some stuff done to the car already and TONS more to add so without further a due lets get onto the build thread!

Bone Stock, just how I wanted it

First fill up!

The first mod I did to my car was debadge my trunk. I used a blow dryer, dental floss, goo gone, and some patience and I was finally able to get the trunk clean with no gunk and a new sleek look.

Next, I got inspired by David Fishchuk who is a member of this site and decided to take after his polka dot interior. I messaged him on Instagram and he was cool with it so I went ahead and added it to my door panels and center console. I’d say mine isn’t done the best and will probably take it off soon but does add some nice detail to the interior.

So after owning the car for almost 2 months I decided it was time to go low. Now I didn’t want crappy suspension so I decided to go with something very reliable. I bought these stance SS Coilers with 12k and 8k spring rates. Just about perfect to slam my G without bouncing everywhere.

We ran into a problem the first night and accidentally stripped the bolt that connects the bottom of the coilover to the rotor. So unfortunately, we were only able to install the rear coilovers the first night until we had more time to cut the bolts, and buy new bolts. After a couple of days of waiting, My G35 was completely slammed on stock wheels.

The next day, my friend helped me unbolt my resonator as a cheap solution for being loud and got around to installing my bubble shift **** to match the polka dot interior.

At this point, I was pretty satisfied with my car so I took it out for a wash and took some pics of the newly slammed G!

Next I platidipped the grille to eliminate the chrome.

So the stock wheels were a nice first set of wheels but I had my eye on the Style 95s even before I bought the car. One night I posted my wheels on CL to trade for Styles. Believe it or not, the next morning I had a guy text me saying he wanted to trade his redrilled Style 95s for my stock rays! Now remember, I have brand new Toyo proxes with 90% tread and he wanted to straight trade and his wheels almost had no tread left. Being the dummy I was, I took him up on this deal but later regretted it (you will see why).

Only a week after having the wheels, a tire blew on me and was forced to get new rubber all around. Luckily my buddy works at a tire shop and was able to get me a good deal on some used tires!

One night I got stuck on a speed bump in the rain and couldn’t get off. So I called up my friends to help me push it off and even had a little photoshoot of the stressful moment.

Next I took off my front license plate for a more “clean” front end. The price I have to pay is it is illegal in California.

I wanted to go wider and get better fitment so I bought a fender roller for the near future to fit some spacers.

Ever since I traded for the Style 95s, I always wanted to paint them white so they “pop”. So my friend and I sanded down my wheels and painted them gloss white and they turned out pretty good.

After painting the wheels white I started to notice my orange side makers a little too much.. So I got some gloss black vinyl wrap and wrapped the side marker fully. Surprisingly, it matched perfectly with my paint and made the car much more sleek!

Unfortunately one night, I accidentally ran into a curb pretty hard cracking my OEM Sport bumper and cracking my windshield wiper fluid container.. This was a sad day for me because my car was finally starting to come together.

Next on the agenda was buying spacers for better fitment. I Bought 6 spacers locally for $60 (2 5mm, 2 20mm, and 2 25mm) rolled my fenders and installed the spacers (well kinda). I was able to install them in the rear and the fitment was good but after installing them in the front, I was rubbing super hard and metal was cutting into my tire…..

I wasn’t gonna stand for this so the next day I brought out the dremel and started cutting away at my fenders so It wouldn’t rub into my tires.

Old 02-26-2016, 04:17 PM
Next I got the deal of a lifetime! Someone locally was selling his Weds Kranze Bazreias with weaker specs, tires, and 4 32 mm spacers for $1350 and decided to pick them up. Later down the line I plan on getting Swift Springs, SPL Camber Kit, and Wider lips to have that perfect fitment for my G!

As you can see I was pretty excited to pick these up for such a good deal.

We had a bit of a problem when test fitting them as I was required to run 20 mm spacers up front to clear the strut tower. It's a good thing I cut the the metal connecting the fender to the bumper with the dremel the week before!

And after some work, the wheels were finally on! They are 19x9/10 +38 +34 with 235/35/19 235/45/19 tires. Obviously these aren't the best specs in the world and I plan on relipping these exact wheels to much wider specs in the future.

A local car show took place the following weekend and decided to show up with my new look. I competed with some of the cars at limbo but of course I couldn't hang with the Miatas LOL. My team (Elite Racing) won best team at the show and took home the trophy!

Shortly after, I had my first “real” photoshoot with Relax NorCal. Austin got some great shots of me and my buddies sedan!

Gave the car a mini detail. It needs a new front bumper bad and more dish!

My girlfriend bought me a VIP Fusa & Tsuna knot for the G! At this point I started to sway my build to a more VIP approach (at this point all I am concerned about is the stance).

At this point I was ready to go lower and wider. I went out to Harbor Freight and purchased a low profile jack. I was already maxed out in the rear so I took out a ring for that fender to lip fitment. Also, earlier that day my new 38 mm spacers arrived from European Precision Moterworks! I installed these spacers to the rear, brought my 30 mm spacers to the front, and put the 20 mm spacers in the trunk! After this was all said and done my new offsets were +8 front and -4 rear.

With the wider spacers added to the front I now rub like a mad man! Whenever I turn in either direction I just hear my tires rubbing on my fenders which is pretty sketchy but I don't mind! If anybody knows any tips on how to limit rubbing with me being this low please lmk!

I was starting to get tired of my disgusting cracked front bumper so I went on ahead and bought a regular OEM bumper and a Nismo Poly lip from Outcast Garage. I thought this was a better option than an aftermarket bumper because they tend to sit lower than the stock bumper and makes it much harder to have perfect fitment unless I’m gonna crack it AGAIN… Also, after paint & shipping I paid $550. If I were to get a Kuruma Z bumper, It would be over $800 after paint & shipping which is absurd.

Just as things were looking up for the G a mudrunner Jeep backed into my car and damaged the hood and grille. I was pretty upset about this but I got the guys information and waited to get a quote.

I went to Caliber Collision and they quoted me almost $1,000 which scared the **** out of me because the person who hit me didn’t have insurance. Luckily I was dropping off my bumper and lip off for paint that day and got a second quote from my friends body shop. He hooked me up and said he will fix the dent and repaint the entire hood to restore from rock chips for only $400!!! I let the guy know how much the repairs were gonna be and got my money the next day.

After a couple days I picked up my bumper and lip from Elite Autobody and installed it the next day! I would highly recommend this shop if you are located in the Sacramento area!

Another tragedy struck the same night I installed my bumper on my way home from my friends house. I ran over a cinder block and it got caught in my fender well and exploded and dented my fender upwards… The paint chipped and dented in four different places I was pretty devastated.

It was time to drop off the car and get the hood and fender repaired. All together it was $800. Luckily, this was right in the middle of tax season so it didn’t affect me too much but still hurt. I got her back in 5 days and looked good as new!

And took her out to the local Thursday Sonic Meet that night!

The next day after getting her back from the shop I clipped my fender when trying to turn. This hurt me deep in my soul and decided to put my 20 mm spacers back on until I get my front fitment situated. I think I just need shorter tires, more camber, and a better fender roll. I will leave it alone for now though.

I bought some “Slap” Stickers from nevercontent.jp and Peasentgang on Instagram to add a little bit of flavor to the G. I told myself to not overdue myself but I think I already did LOL. I might take them off later but for now I like them.

Took her out to another local meet in Sac at an underground garage meet. I liked this photo.

Old 02-26-2016, 04:18 PM
Did a little photoshoot with my friends static Z. I think these photos turned out so nice!

Next I took her to my buddies tint shop to get my front windows tinted in 5%. I think this is one of my favorite mods I have done to date as it made a big difference in such little detail. Not to mention, it was super cheap too!

And that takes me to current day as I just sold my cracked sport bumper and my 25mm spacers. I am now adding up all my money for a much needed detail, 326 Power lug nuts, stiffer springs, camber kit, and wider lips! Much more to come to my G35, you can follow me on Instagram @g35joe as I upload often there. I hope you all stay tuned, Thanks for reading!

Old 02-26-2016, 04:26 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
this poor platform...

The following users liked this post:
driftsucky (03-09-2016)
Old 02-26-2016, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
this poor platform...
How do I fix it?

Old 02-26-2016, 06:43 PM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
I blame the Cali car scene

Old 02-26-2016, 08:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G35 Rev-Up 6MT
If it makes you happy man, I fully support it. I wish my paint was that clean looks great!

Just remember if anyone ever gives you crap for your ride..

"They hate us, 'cause the ain't us."

Old 02-26-2016, 08:47 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Do you own jackstands? It doesn't look like it. Buy some before you get crushed.

The following users liked this post:
EPiK (02-27-2016)
Old 02-29-2016, 12:03 AM
Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts
I dunno. You kinda made a build thread for a car that's like 90% of the other G's out there. Some of us are elitists and are jerks. Sorry. Do what you do, long as you're happy.

But what in the world is going on with the tire in this picture lol

Old 02-29-2016, 09:04 AM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
That rear tire looks like it has flat spots.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:18 AM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
Your own car doesn't even want to roll on those wheels...the car gods have spoken.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:23 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
i think butter's took those wheels to the eye a while back if im not mistaken

g35joe Stance Build Thread-jww0lkg.jpg

Old 02-29-2016, 11:14 AM
Old 02-29-2016, 11:16 AM
Old 02-29-2016, 01:35 PM
I honestly was not expecting this kind of hate on the forums tbh. This car is being built for stance with a little bit of "vip" thrown into the mix. It's fine though, hate is to be expected.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: g35joe Stance Build Thread