the $4800 6mt Craigslist Coupe... uhhh...build?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 11:13 PM
Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts
Finally cleaned the car over the weekend. Also today I looked under the driver's seat to try and fix the non-working rearmost switch on the seat which lowers/cants the rear of the seat bottom down. Found that I had left a plug out when I pulled the Z33 seats out when I got the car last October. So that was a plus.. now I'm not sitting up high and can lower my CG/POV a little bit more.

Working on finalizing my rear bumper treatment around the center exhaust. Coming out pretty well. Will most likely have it powdercoated once I finish contouring it to the opening..weld the washers onto the grille for attaching it..etc. Pics when finished..

No bites on the Seibon hood that is up for sale on Craigslist and LetGo.. as well as the Inven duraflex bumper. I pretty much have decided to keep the hood, and the front bumper is growing on me. The car is not actually that low, especially if you know how to drive a sportscar properly over the bumps.

Stay tuned

Old 08-25-2016, 06:26 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I vote keep the bumper, think they look great. Plus they're not nearly as played out as a Karuma.........

Old 08-26-2016, 05:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look up the kuruma z bumper, thats the one I'm going with on my DG coupe. maybe you'll like the style too.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:38 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by that_g35
Look up the kuruma z bumper, thats the one I'm going with on my DG coupe. maybe you'll like the style too.
Reading comprehension>you

Karuma is all too common these days, it's the new stock. Inven is still unique because not everybody and their dog has one. But if you like it and want to look like half of the other coupes out there, go ahead my young n00b.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:23 AM

Just for simplicity sake I'll probably keep the Inven. One thing I will be doing in the near future for it is building a bash bar along the inside of it. It is super flexible and not enough mounting points on a road car for my tastes. It shakes around over bumps and looks like crap coming down the road, not to mention it creaks as it shakes. Something simple with just a few bars since this is not a drift car that will risk busting cones /cars/walls.

Otherwise I've been busy out back..finished the rear bumper treatment yesterday. I wish the tips were still polished stainless

Yes...I have #PorscheEnvy<br/>One of these years I'll come across a 964 I can afford..but til then I have my GT35RS project <br/><br/>..now for some paint...

Old 09-06-2016, 03:50 AM
Well due to recent arrangements, the car should be all one color before the end of the month. Thanks again in no small part to... Craigslist. Bartering a Laser Red full body respray and some dent/ding smoothing for my Volk wheels and tires.

Just ordered a Gialla style grille to have done at the same time. The carbon fiber hood is staying, but may be painted over...may be partially painted, or may stay as CF.. not sure yet. The Inven bumper is staying too, I just need to build a better support system for it.

I'm bummed ATM because on the way to work the car hit 125k I had planned to take a pic as it turned over on the odometer as I usually do.. but forgot all about it.. hard to believe I have put on almost 12k since I got it in October.

Enjoying the car and making more plans to improve it now that it will be looking less like a beater, and I'm not shelling out $$ for that.

Stay Tuned..

Old 09-10-2016, 06:11 AM
Cruising Craigslist once again I scored a deal on a set of Hella foglights to help with my horrible night vision. Picked up Hella 500 new in the box for less than half price. They will be fabbed into the grill openings on the Inven bumper, mounted on the support bar I'll build behind it.

Been looking at diff and gear upgrades, need to do bushings out back for sure. 90% sure I may do a track day in November..

And the car goes in for paint on Thursday. .can't wait.

Stay Tuned

Old 09-13-2016, 09:15 PM
Got the Hella lights, looking at mounting options for them. Most likely behind the lower grilles. Also installed a Gialla style grille today. Dropping the car off for paint and body work on Thursday. Should be done by next week.

Old 09-19-2016, 05:51 AM
Car is at the painters! Should be done within a week.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Cool, would like to see pictures of the fogs.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:50 AM
I'll be building a support bar behind the bumper, and the fogs will be mounted to it. The lights are round and actually larger than the bumper vents, so they will be sitting behind the grilles, but I'm sure still plenty bright.
The car is still out of town right now. That work will start when I get the car back, probably next week at this point.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:40 PM
Car is still at the paint shop, I'm working on patience.

Until then here are a few pictures.

Stripped, taped off and waiting.

Center of the hood under the masking will remain cf. Outer sides will be Laser Red.

Placement is still being decided. Can't build the front support bar without the car here though..

The cover came with the lights..just a picture. Only time I'd use them is maybe on a long hwy trip.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
If you aren't 100% set on those fogs The retrofit source has some much more modern looking LED fogs .

Old 09-28-2016, 12:07 AM
Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts
Why wouldn't you follow the lines that are already on the hood

Old 09-28-2016, 04:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
man after ready the first page it made me want to change out my gaskets and I was told that im loosing pressure on bank one (passenger side). wonder if when the original owner installed the md spacer that maybe they didn't sell it correctly. also not familiar whit what the catch can is for.

The following users liked this post:
EPiK (06-09-2018)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: the $4800 6mt Craigslist Coupe... uhhh...build?