Pic request!!!! ADR rims!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 02:57 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Pic request!!!! ADR rims!

Anyone got a pic of ADR M Sport rims on a Brilliant silver sedan??? Post pics!!! If someone can photoshop it too, that would be great! Also, your comments are appreciated of what you think of these rims. Thanks in advance!

Chris

Last edited by g35freak86; 12-15-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh thats easy

here is Jmonsale

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2638549

Old 12-15-2007, 01:19 PM
thanks man. what is you take on them? good set of rims?

Old 12-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
FWIW, common looking to me... not many seem to care how much wheels weigh though... that would be my first question.

Old 12-15-2007, 03:23 PM
I have the same wheels on my G35 sedan. M Sport ADRs dont cost as much as most of the wheels on this forum. As the saying goes, "you get what you paid for." I have been told that these wheels have been known to crack. Since I am conservative about how I drive so I dont see this as a problem for me. These wheels are very light. They are even lighter than my stock wheels. I would recommend getting the staggered setup because it will give you more traction. I have seen the overall performance of my sedan improve with the use of the M Sport ADRs. Of course these wheels are not for everyone, but if you are a family man with a limited budget I would recommend these wheels. They work for me and my pocket book.

Old 12-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by TIRE_SMOKE96
I have the same wheels on my G35 sedan. M Sport ADRs dont cost as much as most of the wheels on this forum. As the saying goes, "you get what you paid for." I have been told that these wheels have been known to crack. Since I am conservative about how I drive so I dont see this as a problem for me. These wheels are very light. They are even lighter than my stock wheels. I would recommend getting the staggered setup because it will give you more traction. I have seen the overall performance of my sedan improve with the use of the M Sport ADRs. Of course these wheels are not for everyone, but if you are a family man with a limited budget I would recommend these wheels. They work for me and my pocket book.
how light is "very light"?... I guess it's all relative... anything more than 20lbs is too heavy for me. 16-18lbs is what I am looking for.

Old 12-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Im sorry I cant tell you the exact weight, but I can tell you about my experience. My buddie and I went to the local rims shop and found these ADRs and some Volks. Well The Volks have a +25 offset so those where out of the question. Then I looked at the ADRs and saw they wher staggered with tires already mounted. So I picked them up with one hand threw it to my buddy. It scared him, but he was suprised to feel how light they wher! But to be exact they are 22.2 pnds.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by TIRE_SMOKE96
Im sorry I cant tell you the exact weight, but I can tell you about my experience. My buddie and I went to the local rims shop and found these ADRs and some Volks. Well The Volks have a +25 offset so those where out of the question. Then I looked at the ADRs and saw they wher staggered with tires already mounted. So I picked them up with one hand threw it to my buddy. It scared him, but he was suprised to feel how light they wher! But to be exact they are 22.2 pnds.
I guess the last sentence was determined after the first sentence?... Anyway - if looks only is what someone is after, 22.2 lbs doesn’t matter... but for performance that’s kinda heavy... I don’t think the 17" or 18” OEM are any heavier than that...

I'm not trying to persuade anyone against getting rims they like... I just see lots of posts asking questions about them and I never see anyone asking about weight. Going after-market with no concern about weight can kill the point of any performance enhancing mods that have been done.

I realize not everyone cares about performance and looks are more important. There is nothing wrong with that either.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:54 PM
what would you suggest then for a wheel that won't sacrifice my performance and wallet

Old 12-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's a current pic after polishing the lips. My reasons for getting this set-up are the same as tire-smoke's. Easy on the wallet, looks great for the price and performance-wise I have not felt any loss.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by g35freak86
what would you suggest then for a wheel that won't sacrifice my performance and wallet
can't have both... if you want performance you sacrifice wallet. But I'm not telling you something you don’t already know.

I'm targeting CE28Ns... but because of the extended wit time I ended up getting Quaife diff and 3.7 FD with my self allotted mod money... however, not I'm ready to look into ordering them again... problem is I'm having difficulty getting vendors to respond to my questions and requests... anyway, yes they are pricey - but they look good (for my car's characteristics) and are about 16lbs for 18X8. And yes, I am much more concerned about performance. But I like to make the car look cool too.

Also - I am not by any stretch an expert in wheels. It's something I haven't spent much time considering other than what I've already researched and decided on. For the answer to cost/benefit for performance and looks - Gdup35sedan, Vodarocket, ttrank and several others are the guys that know best!

Old 12-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
I guess the last sentence was determined after the first sentence?... Anyway - if looks only is what someone is after, 22.2 lbs doesn’t matter... but for performance that’s kinda heavy... I don’t think the 17" or 18” OEM are any heavier than that...

I'm not trying to persuade anyone against getting rims they like... I just see lots of posts asking questions about them and I never see anyone asking about weight. Going after-market with no concern about weight can kill the point of any performance enhancing mods that have been done.

I realize not everyone cares about performance and looks are more important. There is nothing wrong with that either.

You should start asking about the weight of the volks people post on here. The Volks or any other multipiece wheels are no where as light as everything thinks. It's the forged monoblocks that are actually light, but those cost a lot more than the multipiece. 22.2lbs is pretty light for a cast 1 piece wheel in 19".

Old 12-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by (>")> G35
You should start asking about the weight of the volks people post on here. The Volks or any other multipiece wheels are no where as light as everything thinks. It's the forged monoblocks that are actually light, but those cost a lot more than the multipiece. 22.2lbs is pretty light for a cast 1 piece wheel in 19".
read the post just above the one you posted.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Jmonsale: is that the gunmetal color rims or hyper black? I got a brilliant silver and trying to decide which would look better. the silvers are too shiny for me

Very informative information everyone! I've been looking for months for the right set of rims and want to make the right choice you know?

weight is something I have researched because I want to keep the performance I have. I got to thinking that the stock wheels and some new aftermarket 19s will weight around the same and not be TOO drastic of a change. Although, I am keeping weight on my mind when deciding.

Of course I would love a set of Iforged Aeros, DPE's, or some HRE's, who wouldn't. Sometime in the future I will be sure to have a set of them on my new g when I get the dough for that.

All in all, I just want a good set of rims that won't break my budget and I'm sure thats many modders plan lol. However, I have a 2k budget for wheels and tires so the ADR's M Sport, Privat Netz, Axis Penats, Sevas S Stars were all a part of my list among others. ADR's both have the looks and the price I'm looking for, but the history of them cracking doesn't settle too well for me. I am extremly cautious driving with my stock wheels on now with potholes and things like that so I could only imagine how careful I would be with some aftermarkets. However, knowing me, when I get rims, something like that would happen lol.

Any reccommendations would be SO helpful. and Yes, I've done my share of seraching and looking at pictures. I found styles that I like but want to know what people think of certain wheels and their experiences with them.

Once again I appreciate everyones help here and on driver. Thanks!

Chris

Last edited by g35freak86; 12-15-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:25 PM
one of the Wheel Guys will see this and chime in... hopefully...

Grant?....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pic request!!!! ADR rims!