Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 01:10 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Sick! Looks real good man

Old 09-02-2015, 02:44 PM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by North NJ G
Sick! Looks real good man
Thank you! Lots of little things to do after I get it running. Until I can get it up to RI I only have two days a week with this thing.

Old 09-04-2015, 01:07 PM
I may have to come up to CT and see this thing one day

Old 09-04-2015, 04:28 PM
I may have to come up to CT and see this thing one day
I'm hoping to get this car to the point that I can hop in it on weekends and go to shows. Since I'm in the middle of nowhere in CT a show near one of us would be sweet to meet up at. Idt I know anybody on these forums in person... Odd.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:07 AM
I'm gonna try to make to first class fitment on 10/17 here in jersey.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:25 AM
I'm gonna try to make to first class fitment on 10/17 here in jersey.
That's a hell of a goal for me. 50/50 at this point... Need to finish up fuel system, fab IC brackets, have bumper and battery covers painted, install boost controller, bolt up RWD starter. Not much left after that. Problem is money not labor at this point. $950 for a tune and base map to get me there. Will it be worth it?

Old 09-11-2015, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by yosip1115
That's a hell of a goal for me. 50/50 at this point... Need to finish up fuel system, fab IC brackets, have bumper and battery covers painted, install boost controller, bolt up RWD starter. Not much left after that. Problem is money not labor at this point. $950 for a tune and base map to get me there. Will it be worth it?

Take your time man, this build is awesome. I wont be showing, my car needs a lot of work. Should be a good time though.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
You ever piece together that oil cooler kit?
I just bought a Mishi core, need to fab a custom bracket to mount it where I want...but damn stainless steel hoses are pricey! Need to find a vender for lines and fittings.
Your build is looking

Old 09-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by VenomGT9
You ever piece together that oil cooler kit?
I just bought a Mishi core, need to fab a custom bracket to mount it where I want...but damn stainless steel hoses are pricey! Need to find a vender for lines and fittings.
Your build is looking
You both rock, keeping me going. Looks like poopy to me. Those covers need to be matched ASAP... and my firewall inserts need it too. Got sent a HR upper rad hose, my fault, need to return it. Also need to get an AL power steering and overflow tank ASAP. Then I'll be feeling a little better...

As for the oil cooler, I went with the one off amazon and it looks great, hopefully the link still works, I posted it up on here. Only problem is it is red/black not blue/black The braided line it came with is absolutely huge; at least 1/2" ID. The sandwich plate is great quality, I was thinking I would open up the holes more for better flow on the sandwich plate but they are already maxed out and it is anodized nice and thick. The fittings are DECENT. They feel a little cheesy. We'll see. I can send you pics if you want tomorrow Venom, let me know here and I'll post em up. I can't mount it until I get the IC bolted up, it's going to be a last minute thing I think. Might get around to it this weekend. I hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the *** with an oil leak or a bad core causing a restriction etc...

Old 09-11-2015, 03:08 PM
Where are you looking to mount it?
Pics are never a bad thing.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very nice!! good work!

Old 09-11-2015, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by VenomGT9
Where are you looking to mount it?
Pics are never a bad thing.
No clue!! Not sure how this ish is going to go together with the crash bar removed... I'm not sure what the new bumper will want to mount to. Do you know? If I had to guess, I would say behind the grille... Or somewhere in the bumper opening. I can't tell until that arrives unfortunately. I'll snap some pics so you know what to build though. Can't help you much with the braided line thing, but if you figure out what fittings/threads you need to connect and the lengths, the guys at metro fluid connectors (Rob specifically) was very happy to help me put together some turbo oil feed lines. I went with another company who had done it before but they were very knowledgeable, had great pricing, and were glad to help figure things out at metro.

You're already committed since you bought that core, oh shiz.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:35 PM
I'm trying to put mine right behind the grille, in front of the radiator. It's the gold colored one too so I want it to show but still be kinda hidden.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:44 AM
That settles it. This car is going to be the death of me, but I should have seen this one coming.

After fussing with a 350z fuel bucket I bought for hours to get it to fit right I was hooking up the two fuel lines (oem and return) and noticed my OEM line is way smaller than the 350z one.

I need to either find an adapter to go from the 350z fuel bucket to my fuel line, or get the CJM -6an adapter fitting... That way I can run a -6an feed line in parallel with my 3/8" return line I have run.

Venom, your pics are below... The two lines are 5' long each, and are literally 1" ID.

Can anybody who has switched to a 350z fuel bucket chime in?

So far I have gotten it in the tank sitting like it should with my OEM regulator delete installed and return line run through that. I also grabbed the venturi off my sedan bucket and made it so it snaps into place on the 350z bucket. This way it SHOULD pull fuel from the drivers side tank. I do have the submerged line attached also. Hopefully I will not have to pull that bucket again except to replace pumps. So if all of that is correct, I just need to sort out this feed line issue Please someone check this work ^, much appreciated. Excuse weather tape, I use it to plug holes so dust doesn't get in.

Before I go buying braided lines and making more adapter blocks I'm going to look into how these connectors actually work so maybe I
can turn an adapter fitting that goes from the 350z bucket to my G sedan hardline. FUN! lol I just want to

Edit:

Charles at CJM got back to me very quickly with a solution for the fuel line issue. Great guy... I'm waiting on his call to see if I should run a new feed line or adapt my OEM line to fit the 350z bucket. He has solutions for both configurations.

Onto the Innovative wideband/boost controller install.

Last edited by yosip1115; 09-13-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yosip1115, nice thread so far. How long have you been working on cars?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My First (probably last) Build Thread- Yosip1115