2004G35X midpipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 06:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004G35X midpipe

Want to replace that monstrosity under my car.

Anyone install an aftermarket one, and what brand?

Don't need a coupe midpipe unless it fits direct but keep reading conflicting reports,

Mine has a hole and is starting to drone on highway so lloking to replace with as close to stock sound without the massive resonator.

Old 03-24-2017, 05:10 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Not sure what you've been reading but the coupe mid is a direct bolt on. It sounds better, looks better and is considerably lighter. Plus you should be able to find one significantly cheaper than an aftermarket mid. If you have trouble sourcing one RockAuto has a decent selection of OEM type mids that are very reasonably priced. Bosal and Walker are 2 brands members here have had success with.

The following users liked this post:
Skeeter SS (03-24-2017)
Old 03-24-2017, 04:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Not sure what you've been reading but the coupe mid is a direct bolt on. It sounds better, looks better and is considerably lighter. Plus you should be able to find one significantly cheaper than an aftermarket mid. If you have trouble sourcing one RockAuto has a decent selection of OEM type mids that are very reasonably priced. Bosal and Walker are 2 brands members here have had success with.
Read it somewhere may not even have been this site. I also read of other parts the people say won't work on G35X's but than come to find out what I was reading was wrong. Might be hard for me to source a coupe midpipe the area I live in they are rare. Thats why I was hoping to have a few suggestions for aftermarket but will look for coupe one first, may be cheaper as well.

Appreciate the reply and the answering my question that they are a direct fit. Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.