What is the fastest All Motor N/A G35 run in the quarter mile??

Old 02-28-2005, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sixfive,

What meet are you talking about and when and why...etc, etc?

DaveB,

The cover comes right off with a flat head screw driver...there's a bunch of push in pins...then the snap on cover to get to the VDC fuse has a snap on both sides...I think I broke one b/c I wasn't told that, but it's not a big deal...I just velcroed it back down and when the cover goes on no one can see it anyway. I found this works better than the VDC defeat switch my buddy and I wired in via the my350z forum directions.

Where did you read 100 octane adds 8 RWHP...I tried octane booster and it did nada....

Old 02-28-2005, 02:33 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by bosssho
Where did you read 100 octane adds 8 RWHP...I tried octane booster and it did nada....
Sport Compact Car magazine and their project 350Z. I'll dig up the issue.

Octane booster won't do squat. When they say the booster raises your octane points by 3 to 4, it's not what you think. It's not going to raise 92 octane to 95-96 octane. It's going to raise 92 octane to 92.3-92.4 octane. It's a great marketing ploy on their part.

Old 02-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Boss

https://g35driver.com/forums/northeast/37951-raceway-park-nissan-infiniti-day-june-25th.html

Nissan/Infiniti Day at Englishtown NJ - Raceway Park. They have us lined up for taking over the track for part of the day and it seems to be quite a draw. I want to run you so this seems like a good chance to meet up. It's a drive but you may find it worth coming down for. I'm racing Chicago X and was hoping to make it 2 for 2 LOL.

Old 02-28-2005, 02:44 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dave you should be able to run faster than that. i have a stock 04 sedan 5AT and i pulled off 14.2 with factory rims and tires. i know i could have ran a 14.1 with a couple more runs

i learned that its not good to torque brake it at the line cause the car will run forward just enough to trip the timer then it kinda hesitates and takes off..

also when i started in 1st gear MM it takes a sec to shift into 2nd and third gear for some reason

my best time was when i started it in manual 3rd gear held the brake floored it and released the brake in that order . 2.106 sixty foot times with full air in the tires i runs ok in just D Drive but i noticed it shifted to early into fourth gear. so that why i leave it in 3rd and wind out third to 6400 or so

with slicks and lighter rims i could pull 13.99s for sure

Old 02-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Dave...Keep me posted on what you find out.

Sixfive...stay on me...Where in NJ is Englishtown...it used to take me 5.5 hrs to get to LBI when My buddy life guarded down there in the summers. That sounds like it could be fun. What's the track elevation there?

audiblemayhem...There is a huge difference, believe it or not, between 14.2 and 14.0 with these cars. My car ran a 14.19 (if I remember) with just a half assed CAI so basically all stock...but the MPH were only around 95-96 which is where you are. If you notice now I am trapping at over 100 but my damn times are only down a chair to 14.00 and 14.1 and that's b/c this stall converter only lets you rev so much (Which drastically reduces the efficientcy of drag radials) and the TCS/VDC is still alive some where in there I believe b/c there is still a bog some times off the line if any slippage is happening. The only time my car really exploded the tires off teh line was after I shredded the driver's side drag radial and the temps fell into the 30s...I was spinning all the way down the track...I was running 14.8-15.1 at 100 b/c I had no traction...but anyway, my point is that with the 5ATs unless someone does a different torque converter (which for your daily driver is crazy) you are almost maxed out with bolt ons at 14.0-14.1...and that's at sea level. The 6 spds are a different stroy b/c slicks or drag radials will really help and I bet 13.7s are doable with the perfect launch. Lastly, if you get the TS reflash you will always get your best times in 1, then 2, then cross the line in 3 by a hair and actually have to shift into 4 so as to not red line the car...it's all split second, but that's how it runs best.

Old 02-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
i learned that its not good to torque brake it at the line cause the car will run forward just enough to trip the timer then it kinda hesitates and takes off..

my best time was when i started it in manual 3rd gear held the brake floored it and released the brake in that order . 2.106 sixty foot times with full air in the tires
Also, after re-reading this I have to ask you...what do you mean by your 1st paragraph when you seem to contradict it all in your next paragraph about the way you ripped a great 60' time. If you did the mods I did and could pull that 60' time you are looking at a 13.9...so I want to clarify what exactly you mean.

Old 02-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Boss Englishtown is central NJ - never been but an hour or so nouth of NY would be about the best way I can describe it. Check thier site out it has great times and about a 0 elevation. Some great times on this board came from that track. It'll be june but - comparisons can still be made even if they are in the 15's at 89 LOL

Old 02-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i am not sure what you mean by the contradiction so we must be reading something differently

i was just stating when i torque braked off the line i could only pull mid to high 2.2 60 foot times it feels like the car hesitates, almost downshifts when i torque brake it off the line and that split second with the hesitation only lets me pull 2.2s

the way i launch now is to hold down the brake. no gas at all. then floor it and let off the brake right after i floor it. there is always that weird hesitation with an automatic so by the time my car goes i havent rolled at all. it just takes off and starts the timer at the same time instead of starting the timer, hesitation, then going

hope that made sense

Old 03-01-2005, 12:10 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
the way i launch now is to hold down the brake. no gas at all. then floor it and let off the brake right after i floor it. there is always that weird hesitation with an automatic so by the time my car goes i havent rolled at all. it just takes off and starts the timer at the same time instead of starting the timer, hesitation, then going

hope that made sense
Yep, that's what I call flash stalling the torque converter. It's the best way to get an auto to launch plus it's a lot easier on the torque converter. My car seem to do best when I release the brake the second the rpms swing to 2000rpms or so. I tried it twice tonight and it lite the tires up quite nicely through 1st until about 3000-4000rpms. I tried a quick 1100-1200rpms flash stall and the tires chirped and the car bogged then took off. 1800-2100rpms seems to be the key.

Old 03-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brake stall is the maximum RPM one can hold while braking and flooring the loud pedal. Flash stall is the maximum stall speed under load. On a 2004.5 5AT sedan or earlier coupe, put the car in a high gear (4 or 5) and floor it at a relatively low speed. The converter will flash to about 2600 rpm, the flash stall speed. With more HP, the flash stall speed goes up. This is what is meant by flash stall speed.

The following users liked this post:
6mtg (01-04-2013)
Old 03-07-2005, 08:49 AM
i am not sure what you mean by the contradiction so we must be reading something differently

i was just stating when i torque braked off the line i could only pull mid to high 2.2 60 foot times it feels like the car hesitates, almost downshifts when i torque brake it off the line and that split second with the hesitation only lets me pull 2.2s

hope that made sense
That made perfect sense...that's what I was after...now I am actually starting to look forward to fooling around with the car again as Snowmobile season winds down.