New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Greetings everyone!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 08:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings everyone!

I'm new to the G35Driver Forums and am very glad to be apart of it. I have witnessed many threads without ever thinking about having an account, but I believe this will be very beneficial.

I got my 2007 G35 Coupe a few months ago, and plan on doing MANY things to it, next being a new spoiler. So I thought the forums would be the best place to come for advice and any other things related.

Just recently, I got new projectors with Halo rings because my factory headlights did not cut it for me (I actually hated the front of the car): inside attachment.

I look forward to great times and conversations on this forum -- take it easy everyone!

Attached Thumbnails Greetings everyone!-g35-new-lights.jpg  
Old 08-04-2015, 08:47 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi dude, prepare to get roasted for the headlights. oem projectors are the only headlights worth having. If they didn't work for you, then you should look into a quad projector retrofit. What other mods do you have in mind?

Old 08-04-2015, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by gmmills
Hi dude, prepare to get roasted for the headlights. oem projectors are the only headlights worth having. If they didn't work for you, then you should look into a quad projector retrofit. What other mods do you have in mind?
Thank you for the welcome!

Haha all good, I can understand why the OEMs are praised highly. There are multiple G35s in my town, even ones that look pretty much identical to mine. So the new projectors seemed fit -- however they do look quite nice and perform a lot better driving experience at night. I'm ALWAYS open to whatever response or opinion comes my way -- its what modding is about.

But i'm looking primarily into getting a factory style spoiler, a Gialla style grille, and a possible Stillen Exhaust (still open to whatever might be as good or better in that category). In terms of bumpers and wheels, I am clueless at the moment.

Any suggestions?

Old 08-04-2015, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
There are lots of opinions here, it is up to you what you end up purchasing with your money... But please don't go cheap. The headlights probably work well as your old OEM ones were so bad .

Old 08-04-2015, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
There are lots of opinions here, it is up to you what you end up purchasing with your money... But please don't go cheap. The headlights probably work well as your old OEM ones were so bad .

Yes sir, I think myself and the rest of us here that own G35s agree it only deserves the best it can get. I'm not going to skimp on money anywhere, but it does take time getting the appropriate part. These particular headlights were quite a bit more than the OEMs I could have bought. I also gathered some new 9000k bulbs to go along with it.

But yes, the old OEMs were actually cracked inside and outside the casing. I do not really know how to put it exactly -- but lets just say I would have had to purchase the same headlights again.

One thing that is pretty frustrating is that a lot of aftermarket parts do not fit the 2007 model from what I have seen online. Well, from what I have witnessed. All is well, I love this car and plan to keep it well for years to come.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.