New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

I did it!

Old 09-18-2015, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did it!

Hello all! I purchased a 2004 35G AT used a couple of weeks ago. This site has already been a great resource.This site made we aware of what to look for and I hope I did ok. I was looking for something fun to drive for under $8K. I came across a couple of G35 6MT but they were not in good shape and the price was too high. I wasn’t looking for a project.

My G has the Aero and leather packages, with tinted windows. The exterior is almost perfect, the paint is in great shape. I have no idea how prior owners avoided door dings and chips. Headlights need some glaze removal but don’t look too bad. Car Fax showed no accidents reported, 4 prior owners and not a whole lot of dealer service. Recent owner provided receipts for the following; valve cover, valve cover gasket, intake manifold gasket, control arms, rear bushings, cam sensors, crank sensor, spark plugs, transmission fluid change, serpentine belt, slotted rotors, pads, carbon fiber grill, new front lip, drivers seat motor. All purchased in the last 3 months. The motor sounds awesome, starts easy, transmission shifts relatively smooth, and I got 20 MPG first tank.

Interior is also in excellent shape with the standard damage to front driver seat. Everything works including every light, door lights, mirror lights and so on. Car has no rattles or squeaks. Tires don’t have much left but Costco has a great deal on Michelin Pilots. Everything works except the driver side door lock actuator is going out. This forum has numerous methods to fix so I will replace the actuators and door catch. Tow Hook, tire tools/jack, owners manual all there. It came with an extra set of keys and un-programmed fob. This site had good info on programming the fob. Not much into mods so most likely I’ll keep things pretty much stock.

I have other vehicles so when this things break down I can take my time and do the work myself, I also have a great mechanic (fair, reasonable). Once I add tires I will have $8,200 in the car. I’m keeping my eye on the oil, hopefully my car will not drink too much. The prior owner indicated it used to go through oil but after valve cover and gasket replacement he said the usage was minimal…..time will tell.

In short, I love the car! I would of liked to have found a similar deal on MT but this one was just to clean to pass on.

PS - Car is dirty, wash and wax this weekend!

Attached Thumbnails I did it!-g35-profile.jpg  
Old 09-18-2015, 09:23 PM
Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to G Ownership! Things don't break as easily as it seems. Well.....except for window motors

Old 09-19-2015, 02:17 AM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Congratulations and enjoy...modding here he comes.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:26 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ilovez33
Congrats! Welcome to G Ownership! Things don't break as easily as it seems. Well.....except for window motors
My window motor died tonight

Welcome to the club!

Old 09-21-2015, 06:01 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
Welcome to the community! Glad to have you join us. Your G35 looks really nice, you're doing great job on it! Please feel free to share your experiences, questions and concerns about the car on this site. Have fun surfing around!

Old 09-21-2015, 07:10 AM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
Previous owner took all the work out of it, only thing left if a wheel bearing or window motor

Old 09-21-2015, 08:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Thanks for the welcome. I'm really enjoying this site, a bunch of great information. I had typed rear bushings above. Actually the previous owner replaced rear bearings, the bushings were replaced up front. So yeah, window motors are likely next.

I found the grounding threads very interesting. I need to take a look at my current ground and make sure all connections are making good clean contact.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.