New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Hello and HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello and HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recently picked up a 03 g35 sedan to replace the 89 saturn wagon I drove into the ground. I've had the g35 for a little over a year and love it until recently. Have had a major issue with the damn thing overheating! I'll drive about 2 to 5 miles down the road at around 50 to 55mph and the car will hit full overheat in no time. I've replaced the radiator, thermostat, water pump, fan clutch, radiator cap and plug and had about 15 burping sessions with the same result. The overflow tank is not clouded and oil is fine.
My local mechanic is at a loss as to what else to do. HELP!!!!!!!!

Old 01-03-2017, 07:00 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Have you checked the fans to make sure they're working properly? Did you test the thermostat before you installed it to make sure it works properly? Are both of your radiator hoses hot when the engine is fully warmed up? Does the heat blast when you crank it up? If the answer is yes to all of these questions then you might have a blocked heater core or a ghost in the machine. Good luck figuring it out and make sure you bleed the car correctly using the bleeder screw at the back passenger side of the engine bay.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:06 AM
Same problem bro ! I'm going crazy!

Im thinking its the water pump now but mines its not leaking!!!... I replace,radiator,cap,tempeture colant sensor by the firewall, new OEM thermostat! And still overheating and No heat! 96k

Old 01-23-2017, 04:48 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Wow, super hard to read your post but whatevs. You still have air in the system, need to bleed it until you get it out. Plenty of tips on this forum that will help you if you search for them.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:57 AM
did you check the fuses and the fan relay? the fan relay has to be behind the battery (not the front one) and which one is what is written on the cover of the relay box.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.