New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Coolant temp gauge faulty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 11:43 PM
Mr7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coolant temp gauge faulty

Ok ima some what new to the G35 community but i have never in my life ever came across a problem like this before in any of my vehicles..i have searched this forum for a member having the same issue but close but not the same..ok when i start my car in the mornings or when ever I know the engine is cold my gauge say my engine is at normal driving temp. Already as if the car has been running all night while I been sleep but no heat will come from the vents untill after the engine warms up...even once it's warm (drive for atleast 30mins) gauge don't move just sits in the middle dnt rise dnt lower dnt fluctuate at all...kinda scared to drive it for at least a hr cause if it's gonna over heat, I know my gauge probably want tell me the truth? Any solutions ...im thinking one of the coolant temp sensors but i know these cars have 2?

Old 01-14-2017, 07:02 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
One of the most valuable assets I have for all of my cars is the factory service manual. Search the forum for member psedog, he has links to all first gen FSM's.

Personally in almost 9 years here I've never heard of this issue. You might also send infinitidude a PM, he's a member here and a certified Infiniti tech. Great guy!!

Old 01-14-2017, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Mr7
Ok ima some what new to the G35 community but i have never in my life ever came across a problem like this before in any of my vehicles..i have searched this forum for a member having the same issue but close but not the same..ok when i start my car in the mornings or when ever I know the engine is cold my gauge say my engine is at normal driving temp. Already as if the car has been running all night while I been sleep but no heat will come from the vents untill after the engine warms up...even once it's warm (drive for atleast 30mins) gauge don't move just sits in the middle dnt rise dnt lower dnt fluctuate at all...kinda scared to drive it for at least a hr cause if it's gonna over heat, I know my gauge probably want tell me the truth? Any solutions ...im thinking one of the coolant temp sensors but i know these cars have 2?
As BlueDream has mentioned you need to follow the troubleshooting steps in the FSM
Not sure why you would make such a post without mentioning the year, model, and mileage of your vehicle while expecting assistance from an online forum?

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manu.../Sedan/2004/co

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manu.../Sedan/2004/ec

I would strongly urge you to spend the one hour diagnostic fee at an Infiniti dealer to give you the root cause of your problem prior to you just guessing,wasting time,money and replacing non OEM sensors without being sure of the cause.

If you haven't replaced coolant, radiator cap, belts, thermostat, and water pump, confirmed cooling fans are functioning and your vehicle is over ten years old it may be time for you to spend some serious money?

Just my $.02

Good luck

Telcoman

Old 01-15-2017, 01:26 AM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
Could be a faulty ECT or maybe the cluster is going bad. There is a test I think you can do on the console to see if the fuel and temp gauge mvoes.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:30 AM
Mr7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well telcoman it's a 05 with 170 on odometer its crazy some days it works then others my gas gauge will go up. But I guess I'll try the FSM you were saying ...i took it to a shop and they only said i need to replace my belt and front control arms nothing's about water belt ,coolant, fans etc.
But preciate the responses

Old 01-17-2017, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Mr7
Well telcoman it's a 05 with 170 on odometer its crazy some days it works then others my gas gauge will go up. But I guess I'll try the FSM you were saying ...i took it to a shop and they only said i need to replace my belt and front control arms nothing's about water belt ,coolant, fans etc.
But preciate the responses
When I had my 06 G35 6speed (purchased new) I had to make a serious financial decision when it needed a couple of thousand dollars of work. I decided to trade it in at 171796 miles for my present 2012 G37S. It came with all new parts, a warranty, navigation, back up camera and other features that I did not have in my 06.
You can pour many $$$$ into your 05 G but after you do it will not be worth any more than it is today.

While in Florida last month I had the opportunity to speak to the owner of this 32 Ford for a few minutes which I've always wanted since high school.

Name:  32%20Ford%20Coupe_5047_zps9nuq1agn.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  130.5 KB

He told me he spent $100k to restore this vehicle with a Chevy V8 and auto trans.

With an antique vehicle one can obtain a special insurance policy to insure the value of the vehicle.

In your case an unfortunate accident that totals your 05 G is only going to give you book value as determined by your insurance company which is not much no matter how much money in repairs that you just spent on it.

Just my $.02

Telcoman

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.