Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Reporting Bay Area Seller

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 01:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Reporting Bay Area Seller

This was on the Facebook Parts For Sale Page, as thats where it happened. I dont know his tag on here. Maybe someone will?

-Since there's not much I can do about my purchase having paid cash in person. I'll just let it be known to watch out for this guy. Yesterday I drove a hour in traffic (each way) to pick up what I was told a Stillen Gen2 exhaust system from Wilson Wong. (Its not letting my tag him on here for some reason. He's located in San Francisco and was selling a bunch of items for g35 sedans on here.)

Anyways, that night I went to my shop to install it, and noticed a few things that began to make me think this wasnt a stillen gen2. Once I got home I searched online for the differences between the Gen1 and Gen2 and realized that he actually sold me a Gen1 which was NOT what I wanted. I was looking to buy a Gen2 because its much more quiet and has little to no drone in cabin while driving. This exhaust is the total opposite when I was driving around last night.

I got in contact with him via facebook informing him he actually had a Gen1 and misinformed me into buying the exhaust for a much higher cost then a Gen1 goes for. Obviously he wasnt going to take the exhaust back, but I asked him to give me at least 100 back to make things right. He kept denying that the exhaust was wrong and is now ignoring my messages. (facebook shows that he has read it).

I"ll give him the benefit of the doubt and say maybe he believed he had a gen2, Mistakes happen. I mean the exhaust are fairly identical other then a few small differences. But to not man up and make things right, that's utterly immature.

That all being said I'll be taking this exhaust off and posting it back up for sale as the correct exhaust system later today. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up when dealing with this guy to double check all this "authentic" items hes selling. Its also a little shady as I offered to purchase the exhaust earlier in the week by paypal and pay him cash in person for the fees. He kept saying cash only. Makes me now believe he knew the exhaust was incorrect and didnt want me to have any buyer protection. But we'll never know will we.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:08 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
wheres this facebook page???

Old 02-23-2014, 10:54 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
There are several Infiniti, G35 and G35 Driver pages on FB. Check em out...Gary