Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Reputable G35/350z Shop in NorCal (N Bay/Sacto Area)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reputable G35/350z Shop in NorCal (N Bay/Sacto Area)

Anyone know of a reputable G35/350z shop in the NorCal area (N Bay/Sactown Area)?

I had my mechanic installed a Competiton Clutch lightweight flywheel and a Clutch Masters FX100 Clutch onto my car. After putting everything back together the car will no longer start. Per my mechanic, everything is aligned correctly, my crank sensor is fine, and my car is not throwing any codes. I had him talk to the tech at Competition Clutch and my car still wouldn't start. My mechanic also tried starting my car with the crank sensor unplugged without success. I'm thinking about just taking it to a reputable Nissan/Infiniti shop to have them look at it. Letting my mechanic try to tinker with it more is probably not going to help since he doesn't know what else to do. My tranny is coming back off tomorrow so I can take pictures and send it to the tech guy to see if he can point my mechanic in the right directions. However, if that fails another shop seems to be my next option.

Any other possible issues that may be causing my car not to start?

I'm just lost and really don't know what to do at this point. HELP!!!

And yes I've already searched the forums and googled similar issues.

Last edited by white_g35; 01-30-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:10 AM
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by white_g35
Anyone know of a reputable G35/350z shop in the NorCal area (N Bay/Sactown Area)?

I had my mechanic installed a Competiton Clutch lightweight flywheel and a Clutch Masters FX100 Clutch onto my car. After putting everything back together the car will no longer start. Per my mechanic, everything is aligned correctly, my crank sensor is fine, and my car is not throwing any codes. I had him talk to the tech at Competition Clutch and my car still wouldn't start. My mechanic also tried starting my car with the crank sensor unplugged without success. I'm thinking about just taking it to a reputable Nissan/Infiniti shop to have them look at it. Letting my mechanic try to tinker with it more is probably not going to help since he doesn't know what else to do. My tranny is coming back off tomorrow so I can take pictures and send it to the tech guy to see if he can point my mechanic in the right directions. However, if that fails another shop seems to be my next option.

Any other possible issues that may be causing my car not to start?

I'm just lost and really don't know what to do at this point. HELP!!!

And yes I've already searched the forums and googled similar issues.
This is a common newbie mistake - most likely the dowel pin on the crankshaft is not aligned correctly with the flywheel. Has your mechanic removed the transmission and verified correction positioning? It is very easy to install incorrectly.