NorthWest Serving AK, ID, OR, WA

Portland Area G's?

Old 03-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile Portland Area G's?

Hey everyone,

I've had my G for about 4 months now and wanting to start modding it. I just recently dropped my G. Was wondering if there was a local G community or not so I can start meeting other G's in the area and get info on meet ups and stuff like that. I've seen a few G's around but not that many modded ones. Plus the suns starting to come up and hopefully other G's will come out to play

Old 03-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Premier Member

Received 417 Likes on 336 Posts
There's a few of us... been talking about meets since last year, lol. Best chance is probably going to be cars n coffee saturday morning @ cascade station. Its not G specific but last time I was out there were a few

Old 03-26-2013, 12:44 PM
I've noticed the lack of modded G's around this area, I've only seen about 2 modded ones since I've gotten mine. There's lots of stock ones tho, but I don't think those ppl are really car enthusiast.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:20 AM
Premier Member

Received 417 Likes on 336 Posts
Thats true... anyways if you want to set up a meet or something there are a few of us that would roll out... this summer maybe? idk we'll see

Old 03-28-2013, 05:03 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have seen several modded G's recently but not sure if they are members here.

I am not modded other than 20" chrome wheels (which are sure to get a laugh from the younger crowd) but then I am likely one of the oldest locals on this forum at 43 (don't let the age fool you though, still very much a kid at heart and refuse to let go of my toys).

I have been a member of some of the bigger car/truck clubs in the USA over the years and have owned vehicles that won trophies for both appearance and audio.

I would be interested in a meet up at some point and even offered to host one last year but when I rolled through to find the guys at Cascade Station I simply did not see them anywhere in the parking lot.

It would be great to have regular meets with a good group of enthusiasts but not sure there are enough of us here with similar interests..?

Jason

Old 03-28-2013, 12:36 PM
I'd definitely be down for a local meet up sometime. I want to get to know the other local G guys cause I'm fairly new to the G. If I run into problems with anything it'd be nice to have local guys that can help. Based on former threads, it sounds like we have about 5-6 local guys around Portland.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:08 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
I'm down for a meet but I will be in my wives audi... As current status of my g is....

I will be up and running probably July-August if you ever see this rolling around.

I may be going white though soon. I'm the only g coupe that I know of with dual ring tails and a single exhaust. O and with a turbo kit in it. There are only 3 "modded" coupes I know of a lambo green one, lambo orange and Patmans is for sale up here its menacing red???

Old 03-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Guitarrocker98 what are you planning for your G look like you torn out literally everything. As for my G it's not modded but I recently dropped it on some Stance GR+ coilovers and I want to start doing internal mods soon. Just went from being in a relationship to single recently so now I have the money and time =D

Old 03-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by guitarrocker98
I'm down for a meet but I will be in my wives audi... As current status of my g is....

I may be going white though soon. I'm the only g coupe that I know of with dual ring tails and a single exhaust. O and with a turbo kit in it. There are only 3 "modded" coupes I know of a lambo green one, lambo orange and Patmans is for sale up here its menacing red???
Nice color, far better than boring white but then I dislike white cars .

Jason

Old 03-28-2013, 05:47 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
Nah, I'm doing a satin white pearl. Right nos its red with gold pearl. Also, what I'm trying to do to my g, I have a trunk setup that works for now. I will be changing that one I get bags on the car and a widebody which is way way way down the road. So trunks done. Engine I'm getting a new larger radiator, grounding kit, main wire tuck, new pulleys, and a Garrett turbo put in then that's done. Iterior wise, I have a build thread so follow along but I was trying to fit gtr seats in the car. They won't after everything I tried, so I'm getting some cipher auto seats custom wrapping them and custom doing the entire interior as well. Wired up a 06 cluster and swapped all the LEDs color from orange to red and white.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm always hanging around these threads. Had my G for about a year now. Nothing modded. In the works of getting new wheels and tires however.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm always on here as well and have always been down for a meet. I hardly ever check the NW section anymore since nothing ever happens. Since today's nice and sunny out I'm gonna give the car a wash.

I've probably seen a few of you guys around because I've come across at least five or so nicely modded Gs out there and a bunch of stock ones.

Here's me:

Old 11-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally back on Oregon after several years away.
Was with a pretty great group of enthusiasts in San Diego county and would love to find somethong similar here at home.
Anyone who could point me in the right direction would have my gratitude

Old 12-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Hey all. I don't know how many people are still following this thread, but come and join our Facebook-based group "Portland Gs & Zs (GZPDX)". Just search for that and you'll find us.

We've been around for a month and a half now. So far we consist of 21 members and are slowly growing. We've gotten to know one another as most of us had never met prior to the group, so the original intent of the group -- gathering the local G and Z community so that everyone can meet and know one another -- has been successful.

I don't know the members by their screen names so I don't know who here is already in the group. Please feel free to join if you haven't!

Here's a link but I'm not positive whether or not it'll take you directly to the page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/439071716198899

Old 12-19-2013, 12:16 AM
If someone would post here when/where the meets are happening I bet others would check it out (I can't imagine that I am alone in staying away from facebook).

J

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Portland Area G's?