My Turbo Install with Slow Motion Motorsports-Sunbury, Ohio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Dal35
Dyno Pack. Jeremy made 420whp with the UpRev! Same exact set up as my car did but i went with Utec back then and i only made 382whp.. Uprev is definetly the way to go! Rambo you should get one =P
I second what dal says. Watching Corey run the numbers on the dyno, and video it for him a bit... I would recommend it as well. The numbers speak for itself!

Old 11-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Dyno Pack. Jeremy made 420whp with the UpRev! Same exact set up as my car did but i went with Utec back then and i only made 382whp.. Uprev is definetly the way to go! Rambo you should get one =P
I cant stop smiling! hahahaa
Originally Posted by kricci11
Very Nice - I'm excited for you as well, i don't think i would be able to sleep a wink...
I didnt really...I put 276 miles on it in 12 hours. From the time I left slo mo at 7pm to coming back to C-bus from Cincy at 6am this morning.
Originally Posted by cdubel01
giggling like a little girl are we now, Jeremy?
more like a little boy who just got to second base!
Originally Posted by plumber78
Sweet! Are we going to be able to see a video of the dyno as well?
Whoa!!!!
And Double whooooooooaaaaa! I am watching them over and over again at work this morning-with the sound patched into my stereo in the room...sounds like I am there in the shop again!!!

Thank you Corey and the Guys at Slowmotion Motorsports for the build and excellent, high quality work!!!

Since seeing this build from beginning to end, I can tell everyone reading this...If you are within driving distances of SLowmotion Motorsports, I will recommend you to make the drive! They will be worth it!!!!

Old 11-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just wanted to stop in and say i hate you!! lol...looks beautiful Jeremy

Old 11-19-2009, 09:16 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Congrats on the new power!

Old 11-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats Jeremy! Fantastic numbers for a Turbonetics. Welcome to wonderful world of FI G35s. Looking forward to hearing your driving impressions!

Just be careful with kind of power on a stock block. Not to rain of your parade at all Jeremy... but I can't tell you how many people have blown their motors (including me) over the years, with those kind of power levels on the VQ motor. It's been well documented our stock rods have a problem with the amount of torque that turbos produce. Always keep your eyes on those gauges and oil levels.

Last edited by BrianlG35C; 11-19-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by BrianlG35C
Congrats Jeremy! Fantastic numbers for a Turbonetics. Welcome to wonderful world of FI G35s. Looking forward to hearing your driving impressions!

Just be careful with kind of power on a stock block. Not to rain of your parade at all Jeremy... but I can't tell you how many people have blown their motors (including me) over the years, with those kind of power levels on the VQ motor. It's been well documented our stock rods have a problem with the amount of torque that turbos produce. Always keep your eyes on those gauges and oil levels.
Yes I have ready plenty on the fact...not to mention seeing the results from someone close to us here in C-bus. I dont want to tear it up and although I am happy to the new power, I have talked to Corey about detuning it under 400. Most likely all that will have to be done is within the turbo. Right now its spooling at 9-10 lbs of boost. We are planning to lower that. I was fortunate to enter this arena of power...but I dont want to leave it as quickly as I got into it.

So far...simply fantastic. The set up, the install and initial drive. I havent been able to open it up completely due to the weather. But deep inside, I know what I have read about over 400 and the stock rods...and I almost am afraid of doing it in fear of blowing it. So, as it stands, I believe I am going to take it easy until we detune it, and set up some maps to program into the UpRev set up...

Old 11-20-2009, 05:21 PM
TuningWerks Competition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
bringing it down is a good idea until you learn more about the Uprev

Old 11-20-2009, 06:56 PM
I think I'm going to have to go on another deployment to finance a build! Hahahhaaa

Last edited by g-adabout; 11-22-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I already talked to corey about it...we are going to order a new waste gate spring. Bring it down a tad.

Oh, and Arnab, I know you're reading this with envy! Hahahahaa Welcome back my friend!

Last edited by g-adabout; 11-22-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hate you. Also I'm going to steal yours and Dals car...

Be safe with the boost, prepare for build and then give Dal a run for his money. If I don't switch to a new car in the future I'm definitely building the motor, possible stroker kit + FI...then we'll see what's what.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a question about the intercooler. You might need to ask the shop to get the answer but here goes:

does covering the intercooler with that plate and fans help the intercooler work better or would it decrease flow to the intercooler? At low speeds i see it helping if the fans are always on but at high speeds i think having as much open area would be best.

I'm curious because my intercooler is partially blocked by my stock front end on my g35 and if having the fans on it would help then that might be best for me too. thanks!

Old 11-21-2009, 10:56 AM
TuningWerks Competition

Originally Posted by binder
I have a question about the intercooler. You might need to ask the shop to get the answer but here goes:

does covering the intercooler with that plate and fans help the intercooler work better or would it decrease flow to the intercooler? At low speeds i see it helping if the fans are always on but at high speeds i think having as much open area would be best.

I'm curious because my intercooler is partially blocked by my stock front end on my g35 and if having the fans on it would help then that might be best for me too. thanks!
the reason for the fan is because of the oem front bumper covers most of the intercooler. You need some way to get that air flow in there since its covered.. Even moving fast with the fans it just direct the air to go into the intercooler which is just as effective standing still with the fan.. So if your intercoolr is in the middle and you have the oem bumper it is best to have something to direct the air into the intercooler.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:08 AM
the reason for the fan is because of the oem front bumper covers most of the intercooler. You need some way to get that air flow in there since its covered.. Even moving fast with the fans it just direct the air to go into the intercooler which is just as effective standing still with the fan.. So if your intercoolr is in the middle and you have the oem bumper it is best to have something to direct the air into the intercooler.
that's what i was thinking but i wasn't sure. It looked like the ends are covered and those are the portions that are open to the front on my car so the fans would have to run all the time for this to get any air.

I'll think about doing this but i'm not sure. So far everything has worked great for me so i'm not sure i want to make changes just yet. I'll see how it goes with intake temps and my new built motor.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:34 PM
TuningWerks Competition

Originally Posted by binder
that's what i was thinking but i wasn't sure. It looked like the ends are covered and those are the portions that are open to the front on my car so the fans would have to run all the time for this to get any air.

I'll think about doing this but i'm not sure. So far everything has worked great for me so i'm not sure i want to make changes just yet. I'll see how it goes with intake temps and my new built motor.
What turbo set up do you have? Usually only comes with the turbonetics kit. It could fit others but i doubt it.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:49 PM
What turbo set up do you have? Usually only comes with the turbonetics kit. It could fit others but i doubt it.
i have a full built motor/heads with a vortech running 12 psi. I hate aftermarket body kits so i won't change the front. I like the stock look and the car is lowered 1.5" already so an even lower front end would screw me over.

I figured i would build my own if it would be worth the time i'll put into it. nothing a little aluminum plate and a plasma cutter couldn't do!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Turbo Install with Slow Motion Motorsports-Sunbury, Ohio