Other Cars Other Cars classifieds

FS: FS/WTT+cash (on other person's end depending on trade) 2006 Honda Accord EXL V6 sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS/WTT+cash (on other person's end depending on trade) 2006 Honda Accord EXL V6 sedan

Hey guys/gals...

This is my first post on this site, but I have been a member of car forums for over 5 years.

I have been hanging around this site because I am interested in a G35 6mt...

My Accord has been a great car, and will make a great DD/Weekender for anyone who gets it!

Here goes:

2006 Honda Accord EXL V6 Sedan
Color: Desert Mist Metallic
Interior Color: Tan ("Ivory")
Transmission: 5-speed automatic (Just replaced ~3,000 miles ago with a genuine Honda transmission at a Honda dealer (have records) under warranty
Mileage: 48,500 miles
Warranty?: Yes. This car has the remainder of the 7 year/100k mile powertrain warranty which is about 51,000 miles
Engine: 3.0 Liter V-Tec V6 with 244 hp and 211 lb. ft. torque
Honda Accessories: Tan Genuine Honda all-weather floormats, Genuine Honda trunk tray, Genuine Honda splash guards, Genuine Honda hood bra (used on long trips)
**Also Included: 4 New rotors/pads not yet installed**

We bought this car in August of 2009 with 20,001 miles on it. It was certified pre-owned by Honda and came with a 12 month/12,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, and a 7 year/100k mile warranty. The car has since seen ~28,500 miles of daily use. They are 90% highway miles, and 10% city/rural.

The car is smooth, powerful, quiet, and very very clean.

Exterior Condition: 8.5 out of 10...
-The front and rear bumpers of the car were touched up by Honda before we bought the car. The driver's side rear door around the door handle has slight imperfections in the paint (you really can't see it unless you are close to it and are looking for it). That part of the rear door was repainted as well before I got the car... I think Honda touched that part up as well before we bought it possibly because of small dents or imperfections while in the previous owner's possession.

-Whenever I go on long trips, I put the Leather, OEM hood bra on to keep the rock chips on the hood to a minimum. However, there are a few small rock chips on the very front/bottom of the hood due to many highway miles (when driven without the bra).

-The front bumper has a good amount of rock chips due to 28k DD highway miles. Also, I believe it to be because when Honda repainted the front bumper before we bought it, they may have not done the BEST job... However, from a few feet away, it is not noticeable. You have to really get up on it to see it.

-I have had a licence plate cover that bubbles outward on the car ever since I have owned it. This was purchased to protect the front bumper from other drivers while parking. The thought process behind that was as follows: If there is a cover on the plate (the part of the front bumper that sticks out the farthest), if someone backs into the front of the car while parking, they will hit the bubbled cover and will not get close enough to put any dents or dings in the front bumper itself...... Well, it has worked I must say! There was only ONE time where some dummy in a Honda Pilot backed into my bumper while she was trying to squeeze into a spot that you couldn't fit a MINI in! She created a small crack in the paint just below the driver's side headlight. Other than that and the rock chips, the front bumper is bueno!

-The rear bumper has remained UNTOUCHED by other drivers for the whole time that I have owned it! The only blemish on it is in the passenger rear corner and I caused that while backing up and touching a mound of snow... What I DIDN'T know was, underneath the mound of snow, there was a slab of concrete. So the very corner of the right side of the rear bumper has some chipped paint. It is not very noticeable.

-Every time I park the car, I open the trunk, and pull the BumperBully down over the bumper. It is a thick rubber mat that is meant to keep dings/marks/dents off of the rear bumper from other cars bumping into it while parking. It has (knock on wood) done its job so far! I must say, to keep ANY bumper of a car blemish free in New York for only a few MONTHS is a huge task, but for a year? It is very uncommon. I am very strategic as to where I park, and as I said, the rear bumper's ONLY blemish of that sort, was caused by me, and is located on the passenger corner of the rear bumper.

-I have NEVER gotten this car washed at a car wash with brushes. It has always been hand washed by me when I could do it. And it has been taken through touchless washes a handful of times when I haven't been able to wash it by hand. As a result of this, the paint has minimal swirl marks.

-When we bought the car, it had a scratch on the passenger's side front door, and about 2 quarter-sized dings on the passenger's side of the vehicle. The scratch is noticeable if you look for it, and the dings are VERY un-noticeable, and you will ONLY notice them if you are looking for them. The passenger rear door has a few slight, very small chips which were also there when we bought the car. Again, ONLY noticeable if you look for it.

-This past November, the driver's side door was hit while I was parked, and exiting the vehicle at one point. The driver's door was replaced, and the fender was fixed and repainted. The paint is a perfect match and looks like nothing ever happened! The rubber around the window, however, was replaced in a way that allows the top of the window to close on the rubber, instead of inside it.... This however, does not create any issues other than the initial anger I felt upon finding it out. (if youre not OCD, it is not a problem lol)... The window still closes properly and seals shut, and there is no noticeable increase in wind noise, and it is ONLY noticeable if you KNOW that it is there. If I didn't mention it, you wouldn't know.

Interior Condition: 9.5 out of 10... (Everything is stock... No modifications)
-The passenger's side of the dash board has 2 (what looks like) pin ***** indentations by the air vent. Just about everything else on the dashboard is PERFECT.

-ALL interior lights work.

-ALL interior electronics work.

-ALL speakers work, etc., etc.

-I clean/condition ALL leather surfaces (Seats, door panels, center console, steering wheel) with Lexol cleaner and Lexol conditioner every couple months.

-I clean all plastic/vinyl surfaces with Meguiars Natural Shine Protectant spray every other week if not sooner.

-I vacuum the interior every month

-The seats are in EXCELLENT condition

Engine/Powertrain Condition: 10 out of 10... (Everything is stock... No modifications)
-The engine runs extremely strong and is powerful. I have never had a problem with this engine.

-The engine oil has been changed (ALWAYS at a Honda dealer. NO SERVICE has ever been done at an independent shop) as per the maintenance minder in the gauge cluster which tells you when to change the oil.

-The previous transmission was having rough shifting issues. Honda replaced it under the powertrain warranty 2 months ago, and ever since, the new tranny is and has been smoooooth as silk.

-Transmission fluid will be drained/refilled every 10-15k miles.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Chassis Condition: 9.0 out of 10... (Everything is stock... No modifications)

-ALL the suspension bushings (recently checked by a Honda dealer) are in good condition. "None are dry or cracked" said the technician.

-None of the shocks are blown or bad, and the car rides the way it did when we bought it.

-The rear camber on the right side is JUST straddling the "Green" (in-spec)/"Red" (out of spec) line according to the alignment machine. Camber in Accords, however, is not adjustable. I asked the tech what it could be and he said, "Everything looks fine... Maybe there are things in your trunk weighing that side of the car down... Either way, having the camber at that spec will IN NO WAY cause any problems." So I am not worried about that. If anything, there are aftermarket camber kits (whole camber arms that are adjustable) that can be purchased to correct any camber issues.

-The brakes all the way around should be replaced soon (I think). The pads still have a good amount of meat on them, but the brakes kind of pulsate when going down hill on mountain roads and such. Good for the potential new buyer: I have 4 new Centric Premium Rotors, and 4 Akebono ProAct pads that will come with the car!

-The tires are TWO WEEKS OLD! And they are great! Yokohama Avid Envigor All-Season performance tires in size 215/50/17... They make the car corner like it has upgraded sway bars!

Add-Ons/Modifications:
-Nokya Hyper yellow 2500k 9005 DRL/High beam bulbs

-Debadged "Accord" and "V6" off of trunk

-JBL GTO 927 6x9" speakers in the rear deck

-JBL GTO tweeters in the factory tweeter location in the dash

If there is anything I missed, or forgot to put, if I remember, I'll add it lol. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Asking $16k OBO. *OR* A trade with money on top (on the other person's end) depending on trade
Suggested retail value is $18.7k
Private Party Value is $16.5k

This is a VERY well taken care of Accord with ALL SERVICE RECORDS! Overall it is a very good deal for someone who loves their cars!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 09-14-2010, 06:04 AM
BUMP! Want this car gone... Want a 6-speed...

New price: $14,990

*Remainder of powertrain warranty! (~51,000 miles left)*